Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   omg nervous (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471230)

swrlgrl105 12-10-2012 10:58 AM

omg nervous

As I posted about in other threads... I am really nervous.

I went in last Wedneday for my viability ultrasound. We did a FET (Frozen embryo transfer) so I know I was supposed to be 6w3d. The baby measured at 6w0d and they couldnt yet find a heartbeat.

I have been a nervous wreck since. I go back tomorrow to hopefully see my baby's heartbeat and some growth, but Im terrified I wont see it.

Over the weekend I was exhausted and needed 2 naps a day pretty much. With DS, I only felt a little green here and there and its the same way with this one... I dont really get M/S. My boobs are still sore and I have that warm super mild cramps that just feels like growth... and I have heartburn.

So Im hoping all of that is a good sign and everything will be ok tomorrow.

When they did my labs last week, my beta was at 9708 and progesterone was fine, so the Dr wasnt concerned at all.

Is it normal for an IVF baby to still measure a little behind and if so, still to early to see the flicker of the heart beat??? Tomorrow cant come soon enough but at the same time Im so scared I will get bad news

wordmama 12-10-2012 11:20 AM

Big hugs mama! Baby's don't always grow "by the book." some grow more quickly at the start and others take their time. If your numbers are climbing well and your hormones are balanced, I'd say you have an excellent chance at a healthy pregnancy. Add to the fact that your symptoms are still present and it's even more comforting. Heartbeats are usually seen around 6.5-7 weeks, so don't fret.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Kiliki 12-10-2012 11:21 AM

Re: omg nervous

:hugs: I hope you find your LO's heartbeat tomorrow! Thinking of you!

swrlgrl105 12-10-2012 11:24 AM

thank you both. i have read all of that too and logically know there is a really good chance all is well, but at the same time, Im a worrier by nature. Since this was an IVF baby they have me on progesterone, so im hoping that isnt keeping me feeling pregnant since some of the symptoms can mimic pregnancy. I will keep you posted.

TwinKristi 12-10-2012 11:56 AM

Also keep in mind measurements are taken by humans who can make mistakes. The teensiest tiniest error on the measurement can change things by a couple days. 3 days isn't a huge difference, even if you know your conception (transfer, etc) dates are dead on. Good luck tomorrow! I hope you see that heartbeat!!

lynn97 12-10-2012 12:04 PM

I agree that 3 days isn't much difference at all. I hope you get to see a strong hb and that all is well at your next appointment.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

itiswhatitis1984 12-10-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinKristi
Also keep in mind measurements are taken by humans who can make mistakes. The teensiest tiniest error on the measurement can change things by a couple days. 3 days isn't a huge difference, even if you know your conception (transfer, etc) dates are dead on. Good luck tomorrow! I hope you see that heartbeat!!

This is really true! Plus at 6 weeks they are small so getting an exact measurement can be a task. I had my dating us at 8 weeks and they said he was 3 days smaller than 8 weeks. Now I'm 24 weeks & when I went for my 22 week check up I was measuring 24 weeks (which is still considered normal) so there is a wide variety of "normal". Plus if the baby measured 6 weeks that's really close to the size they should be. Try to stay encouraged.

swrlgrl105 12-10-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itiswhatitis1984 (Post 16026781)
This is really true! Plus at 6 weeks they are small so getting an exact measurement can be a task. I had my dating us at 8 weeks and they said he was 3 days smaller than 8 weeks. Now I'm 24 weeks & when I went for my 22 week check up I was measuring 24 weeks (which is still considered normal) so there is a wide variety of "normal". Plus if the baby measured 6 weeks that's really close to the size they should be. Try to stay encouraged.

thank you! I keep telling myself that 3 days isnt really a big deal... im hoping maybe even though it was an IVF baby, maybe it was still just a late implanter or a peanut of a kid. Also if it truely is measuring 6 weeks then, maybe it was a wee bit too early to see anything at that point. My Dr. saif it was a 50/50 shot at that point. I really need tomorrow to bring good news, I cant handle it if its not :(

finleyjudemommy 12-10-2012 06:33 PM

6 weeks or 6w3d is a but early to see a heartbeat. I've done IVF/FET and have never seen the heartbeat before 7 weeks....

Good luck, I'll be looking for an update :-)

swrlgrl105 12-11-2012 09:06 AM

the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks. no heartbeat still... its over