Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   A teething toy worth purchasing? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471319)

Yoshimama 12-10-2012 03:13 PM

A teething toy worth purchasing?

Anyone buy a non-toxic, orthodontic-friendly teething toy that was worth the money? Or should I just freeze washcloths, breast milk, and later fruit (he's only 3 months)? He's not teething yet but has started trying to chew things, although prefers his fists.

raymark 12-10-2012 04:42 PM

Re: A teething toy worth purchasing?

I think Sophie giraffe is too cute - but I have no experience as my LOs were way out of that stage by the time I noticed she was a hot item. When my DDs were teething they chewed on anything & everything - i did not find a favorite or best item.

rocknrollem 12-11-2012 10:53 PM

My first son absolutely loved his Sophie giraffe up until he was 1. I already have one for my 3 month old because my first loved it so much! Some people have called it an over-glorified dog toy but I beg to differ. It is made of rubber and food grade paint, very soft...if I were teething I would want to gnaw on it. :giggle:

clkcurlyq 12-13-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrollem (Post 16033281)
My first son absolutely loved his Sophie giraffe up until he was 1. I already have one for my 3 month old because my first loved it so much! Some people have called it an over-glorified dog toy but I beg to differ. It is made of rubber and food grade paint, very soft...if I were teething I would want to gnaw on it. :giggle:

We like Sophie too!

halielise924 12-15-2012 06:27 PM

DS1 didn't chew on anything, ever. I bought the original Sophie and he had no interest. It was too big. I bought the smaller one, with the two handles. I like it better, and seems like it'd fit in DS2's mouth easier.

bubbaloubaby 12-16-2012 10:40 AM

My son didnt chew on any of the teething toys I bought him including different ones you freeze as well as Sophie. All a waste :-/

Yarnjess 12-16-2012 10:43 AM

Littlesaplingtoys.com make nice wooden teethers. We have the "I love you" sign one and our DD really likes to chew on it. She's almost 6 months if that helps.

Kala 12-17-2012 06:46 AM

Definetely a yes here for Sophie! We also have the smaller one with the handles that are very easy to grip. We usually clip Sophie to his shirt and that helps keep him from knawing on other things b/c Sophie's always handy. He also loves wet rags. But honestly since we got his Baltic amber teething necklace he's been doing so much better.

Dutchlish 12-17-2012 04:54 PM

Yes to Sophie!!

Jenette 12-17-2012 05:01 PM

Neither of my kids liked the cold. They both used silicon ones.