Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Traditional Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   Single mothers by choice (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471347)

KLadyBugMama 12-10-2012 05:08 PM

Single mothers by choice

Hi,

I was wondering if there's any single mamas on here by choice? It would be nice to have support in that area. I'm TTCing this week and hope to have a bfp around Christmas :) I chose to be a single mother by choice.

Thanks!

Fashionably Green Baby 12-10-2012 05:16 PM

I know here is at least one other lady on here that is. Hopefully she will pop in here

DalesWidda 12-10-2012 05:22 PM

Re: Single mothers by choice

Well I'm not a single mom by choice but I joke and say if I don't meet and marry someone within the next five years or so I'll take matters into my own hands. LOL. So can I ask how you're doing it? I'm just totally curious but tell me to mind my own business if you don't want to share. :)

starfairy1980 12-10-2012 05:44 PM

Idk what to call myself. Unmarried by choice, I pay all the bills for my son, but his dad lives w us. I'm ok w that. Anyways, hope you get your BFP!

KLadyBugMama 12-10-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DalesWidda (Post 16027873)
Well I'm not a single mom by choice but I joke and say if I don't meet and marry someone within the next five years or so I'll take matters into my own hands. LOL. So can I ask how you're doing it? I'm just totally curious but tell me to mind my own business if you don't want to share. :)

Lol.. I'm fine sharing how... I'm doing home insemination with a friend who was willing to donate his sperm. I'm thankful for him. I'm also thankful for my mom who is supporting me of my choice! I'm looking forward to it but not the 2ww!

DalesWidda 12-10-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faithfulorangekids (Post 16028140)
Lol.. I'm fine sharing how... I'm doing home insemination with a friend who was willing to donate his sperm. I'm thankful for him. I'm also thankful for my mom who is supporting me of my choice! I'm looking forward to it but not the 2ww!

Ok, I'm really going to sound ignorant, but is that like with a turkey baster or something. :blush:

That's awesome that your mom is so supportive.

waterisntsomething 12-10-2012 07:17 PM

Good luck! FX for you.

KLadyBugMama 12-10-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DalesWidda (Post 16028299)

Ok, I'm really going to sound ignorant, but is that like with a turkey baster or something. :blush:

That's awesome that your mom is so supportive.

Not ignorant :) it used to be called the turkey baster method actually but there's no way I'm sticking one up there lol. Actually you use a syringe or instead soft cup. I'm gonna use the soft cup method.

KLadyBugMama 12-10-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterisntsomething (Post 16028308)
Good luck! FX for you.

Thanks! : love:

parterasd 12-10-2012 07:24 PM

Me, sort of! Was willing to be a single mom, met a great person to co parent with, started the pregnancy thinking we'd be together but then decided we weren't... So I'm single mom by circumstance but was ready and willing to be single mom by choice! Loving it do far, I have awesome supportive family and my daughter's dad is great as well.