Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   A question from my husband (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471372)

hilaryisinked 12-10-2012 06:49 PM

So I've been relaying all the replies from my other thread to him for our ongoing struggle to pick seats for our new vehicle. He wants to know more about easy install versus hard install because he finds our seats easy. So, if you have a Complete Air 65 or My Ride 65 installed RF do you find it easy to install or difficult?

ETA: the reason we aren't just getting more of those seats is we don't like them. We find them bulky or lacking leg room RF. Right now it is just between Britax Roundabouts or Radian R100's.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Fashionably Green Baby 12-10-2012 07:00 PM

Re: A question from my husband

As I said in your other thread I have had both of those seats in the past and my mom still uses the complete air. I found both of them easy to install. I also still maintain that if legroom is important I don't think you can beat the radian :giggle:

stevensmom 12-10-2012 07:01 PM

have a CA and not a MR...but the CA is easy to install

hilaryisinked 12-10-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby
As I said in your other thread I have had both of those seats in the past and my mom still uses the complete air. I found both of them easy to install. I also still maintain that if legroom is important I don't think you can beat the radian :giggle:

Yes, thank you for your input! Radians are in the running for #1 currently he was just having a hard time visualizing a seat being hard to install.

Fashionably Green Baby 12-10-2012 07:09 PM

The radian isn't hard to install in all cars but it is in some. I am not sure why others find it hard to install but in my particular situation I only find it hard to install in my dad's truck (back seat, he has an extended cab) and it is because of how low profile the seat is and how the buckle of the seatbelt hits the belt path. I have never had an issue personally with latch install in any car and I have them installed in my car with the seatbelts currently.

luvsviola 12-10-2012 07:21 PM

Radian is really car specific. The way the super latch adjusts hits funny in some cars and it is hard to get a good pull on the latch strap to tighten it. I have a hard time getting it to not slide at the belt path in the captains chairs in my Odyssey with latch, plus it over-reclines VERY easily in there.

I also couldn't get it in my Mom's Acadia with latch. We had to do a seatbelt install because the latch just wouldn't get tight, even with all my weight on it.

But, it is super easy in our Accord to get a nice tight install.

If you have a Buy Buy Baby, they carry them in store and you can test one out.

joyous 12-10-2012 10:46 PM

I think if you're worried about leg room, the Radian would definitely beat out the Roundabout there. My DD is tiny, so it wasn't much of a concern, but I can definitely tell she will be more cramped than in her TF eventually.

mrosehughes 12-10-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby
The radian isn't hard to install in all cars but it is in some. I am not sure why others find it hard to install but in my particular situation I only find it hard to install in my dad's truck (back seat, he has an extended cab) and it is because of how low profile the seat is and how the buckle of the seatbelt hits the belt path. I have never had an issue personally with latch install in any car and I have them installed in my car with the seatbelts currently.

Yes, this, especially the bit about the buckle/belt path. The radian is a dream to install in our corolla with the seatbelt, but pretty tricky in our Prius with a seatbelt; with latch in both cars is pretty easy, but without the angle adjuster it pushes the seats very far forward. I'd say the install is comparable with the complete air, and trickier than the britax seats. My main recommendation regarding the radians would be to either try it in your car or find someone who has done so before buying; otherwise I think it's a great seat.

moms5angels 12-10-2012 11:47 PM

i agee with what everyone elese said about the radians. if u can try them out in your car 1st befor u buy them i would. if u know people who have them & used them in the same car. i would ask them how well they worked. i have a love hate (ok, more of a hate then love :giggle: )with my 3 radians. they r such a pain to put rf in our van back seat. that we take the rf ones out only if we really need too. if u were to put them into the back seat. rf in my moms van that is a caravan. (not grand) they go in a whole lot easer. u would think they would go into grand caravan easer then the smaller caravan. nope. its backwords. :giggle:

hilaryisinked 12-11-2012 08:08 AM

Thanks everyone. We don't have any stores here who sell Radians and I do not know anyone who had owned a Subaru Tribeca so we are kind of SOL when it comes to trying one. My DD1 is tiny and I don't think her leg room is bad in the CA but DH does. My DD2 however is a giant. I travel quite a bit by myself with car seats and the Subaru has a third row of only 2 seats so when the seats go back there (like when we have people visiting) they need to fit side by side. They'll also be installed and reinstalled quite a bit. We have my in laws or my mom visit often. Lots to think of but it has helped knowing the CA is considered easy to install. Helps my DH know where people are coming from.