Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Tell me about overnight solution for toddler (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471433)

organicmama10 12-10-2012 09:04 PM

Tell me about overnight solution for toddler

My DS can be a super wetter. I've tried double stuffing with hemp inserts in pockets. Looking for options (no fitteds and wool), pls. I really don't want to go back to sposies for ov...and they leaked from time to time!

penguinande 12-10-2012 10:40 PM

Re: Tell me about overnight solution for toddler

The best night solution I've found for my 2.5 year old is a Thirsties fab fitted stuffed with 2 hemp inserts. I use either a wool wrap or an Imagine one size cover over that. I've also had success with an osocozy stay dry prefold wrapped around 2 hemp inserts in a flip cover, but nothing is as bulletproof as the fab fitted combo.

organicmama10 12-11-2012 07:53 AM

Thought of this last night....what about hybrid fitteds with added doublers and cover? Has anyone tried this with success on a toddler as overnight dipe????

laineypaige 12-11-2012 08:06 AM

I use a pocket stuffed with 2 zorb inserts for both my 2 year old and 3 year old. They're normally soaking wet with my 3 year old in the morning, but his diaper hasn't leaked yet :) And with my 2 year old they're not even soaked all the way through. And they both sleep 12+ hours a night.

abunchoflemons 12-11-2012 08:22 AM

You try bamboo?

MadeofStarStuff 12-11-2012 08:50 AM

I have started to have this exact problem. I hate fitteds, too, BUT it's the only thing working. He just has to have full coverage of an absorbent material. The combo I use to hold my super heavy wetter over night are: Tinkle trap pre-fitted with doubler, tri-folded Thirsties hemp size 1 prefold, Flip stay dry insert. I either put a PUL cover over this or a fleece soaker. This combo is very wet in the morning, but is the only thing that does not leak.

organicmama10 12-11-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abunchoflemons (Post 16030017)
You try bamboo?

Not inserts but I've tried bamboo fitteds when he was about 1 and they were soaked after 2 hours.

organicmama10 12-11-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadeofStarStuff (Post 16030105)
I have started to have this exact problem. I hate fitteds, too, BUT it's the only thing working. He just has to have full coverage of an absorbent material. The combo I use to hold my super heavy wetter over night are: Tinkle trap pre-fitted with doubler, tri-folded Thirsties hemp size 1 prefold, Flip stay dry insert. I either put a PUL cover over this or a fleece soaker. This combo is very wet in the morning, but is the only thing that does not leak.

We tried fitteds when he was about 1ish. They just aren't for us. He felt the diaper and the wet sensation from it which is part of the reason they didn't work for us. We took a break from cloth to sposies for overnight when he outgrew the absorbency of the MF inserts (I was double-stuffing them). This was about 4mos or so. We've been PLing so I thought we're close to being done. We're close on daytime but not so much for ov. We recently went back to cloth and he loves being in them (in fact he says no to sposies when I tried to put them on last night) but he wakes up wet just about every morning so far. Ugh!!

AZmommy 12-11-2012 09:31 AM

I stuff a diaper safari pocket with a 4x8x4 birdseye prefold wrapped around an oscocozy flannal/terry 6 layer insert it doesn't seem like it would work but she easily goes 12 hours totaly leak free including a fully sippy of water she has at night and frequent night nursing and a sippy of Chocolate milk she gets in the AM. Before she was leaking out of night weight huggies.

MadeofStarStuff 12-11-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by organicmama10

We tried fitteds when he was about 1ish. They just aren't for us. He felt the diaper and the wet sensation from it which is part of the reason they didn't work for us. We took a break from cloth to sposies for overnight when he outgrew the absorbency of the MF inserts (I was double-stuffing them). This was about 4mos or so. We've been PLing so I thought we're close to being done. We're close on daytime but not so much for ov. We recently went back to cloth and he loves being in them (in fact he says no to sposies when I tried to put them on last night) but he wakes up wet just about every morning so far. Ugh!!

I feel your pain. :( I find the stay-dry insert and a large fleece liner (I just cut up a fleece blanket to size) helps with that wet feeling. Maybe a large fleece soaker could help over the top of your pocket? It contains the wetness well. Our old standby was a 3-layer bamboo insert, trifolded thirsties hemp prefold, and the flip stay-dry insert in a Flip cover. I wish that still worked! It's amazing how much they can wet!