Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Burnt out (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471464)

My_Tree_Grows 12-10-2012 11:51 PM

Burnt out

So who else is fatigued all the time? Emotionally volatile? Unable to parent your other children? Anything working to feel better? Mamas who have been through this many times before, how do you take care of your families when you want to sleep and cry 22 hours a day? :crying:

krismark0 12-11-2012 05:51 AM

Re: Burnt out

That was the whole first 6 months of my pregnancy (minus the crying...I only did a little of that). I am finally starting to feel better...but my belly is making it hard to do the things I want to do.

Unfortunately, my 3 year old ended up watching a lot of TV a lot so I could survive...but now things are a little better.

Just remember that it's only temporary!

Blueberry32 12-11-2012 08:51 PM

You are not alone! I am completely and utterly exhausted. My dd has been watching far too much tv lately just so I can get through the day. My dh is gone from early morning until after bedtime so its just me and my dd all day and lately its been getting harder and harder. Two more months to go!

katymf 12-12-2012 07:05 PM

Me! My exhaustion has come back to haunt me. It went away for a few months but has decided to return...im stuck at home All day with DS while DH works. Usually between 8-10 hours. DS wakes up early and takes his nap late. I feel bad for him I am such a boring mom lately. I sit on the couch or I lay down in his room while we're up there. I usually turn the tv on for him all day. Bad mom, I know. I am sooooo tired and have run out of options of things to do with him. Luckily when DH gets home we usually have errands to run and DH plays with him for the rest of the night.

My_Tree_Grows 12-12-2012 09:13 PM

Thanks for the commiseration, all! We don't have television, but I've been putting a bowl of cereal and a bottle of milk in his playroom, closing the door behind us and sleeping on the floor while he does whatever he wants every morning. I know, I know...not great. In a way it just got better, because DH has now been laid off. Ssshhhoot. So now at least I'll have parenting support...yeah. :~

abunchoflemons 12-12-2012 11:51 PM

With my second I felt tired in beginning and it got better but mainly in morning when oldest was at school. this time I want to cry lots more now. I wasn't tired til I started to take meds it seems here in last few weeks. it is hard. My SIL has lots of older kids that help out as well...

The Fancy Pansy 12-13-2012 08:54 AM

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I'm right there, too. I'm having sever hip and back pain. I went to PT a few times, and am doing what they told me to, but haven't noticed a difference yet. It's mostly centered in my sacroiliac joint...it's like it's being ripped apart, which it basically is. :( Meanwhile, hormones and stress = one struggling mama. :( Living on prayer and poppy seed muffins. :giggle:

OrangeBananas 12-13-2012 11:33 AM

:hugs: :hugs:

sma123 12-13-2012 03:53 PM

I know the feeling... I work FT from home and have a 5 yr old ds and a 2 yr old dd that are with me all day... My husband works graves and sleeps all day (must be nice) and doesn't help at all. I feel like a cranky mom b/c I'm always working (50-60 hrs per wk), cleaning, cooking, and just being exhausted :(