Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   anyone gotten a false positive w/ the dye trick? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471638)

beckstar 12-11-2012 04:58 PM

anyone gotten a false positive w/ the dye trick?

well aside from me when i used the opk strip.

just did it w/ dt tests and got a faint bfp...well it was darker during the dye movement, but dried obvious, but faint...

i'll upload pics in a second.

beckstar 12-11-2012 05:07 PM

Re: anyone gotten a false positive w/ the dye trick?

link:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/...ancy-test78467

leviandgarettsmom 12-11-2012 05:14 PM

Looks promising. I could see it. FX Becky!!!!!!!

MyGlorylife 12-11-2012 05:16 PM

how many dpo's are you?? I have had a few of my test look like that (both with the extra dye trick and not) I would pull that up at about 7dpo and then by 10 it would be start white (even with a dye trick) for me personally I believe I am catching cp's. It would make sense with how I am feeling, my cervical and cm changes and the fact that we are ttc post v-reversal. So- in short- I believe they were early positives of non viable pregnancies due to deformed sperm- lol.

I totally see that line there. I would hang in there and test again tmw and see what you get =)

MyGlorylife 12-11-2012 05:19 PM

oh and one more thing- I have noticed with these tests that, especially when doing the dye trick, it makes the antibody line more visable- like you can see it and then it kinda looks like some shadowing by it and then you dont know what to look at- the antibody or the shadowing, this was worse with the ones that had "dents" (both mine and Carly Curry's had some with denting). Your line though looks very consistent and dent free in the pic =)

leviandgarettsmom 12-11-2012 05:20 PM

Just so you know...one of the mom's posted in the 2WW thread that the dye trick gave her a false positive, but I can't help but wonder like Minda if they aren't CPs. :headscratch:

wordmama 12-11-2012 05:34 PM

I'm not sure what the dye trick is, but I wouldn't put faith in any test that I'd messed with. Have you taken a test normally? What was the result of that one?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

beckstar 12-11-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wordmama (Post 16031903)
I'm not sure what the dye trick is, but I wouldn't put faith in any test that I'd messed with. Have you taken a test normally? What was the result of that one?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

:) one was a wicked dye smear, the next was very very faint...so i did the dye trick and got this.

and to answer minda's question, i'm 11dpo...at the most.

NOTWMommy 12-11-2012 06:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I saw on the other thread that you asked for pics of the dye trick. This is mine 12dpo, I was getting the FAINTEST line without the trick and still a super squinter with it. I confirmed the BFP at 13dpo with a digi and FRER.

Attachment 127312

beckstar 12-12-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOTWMommy (Post 16032094)
I saw on the other thread that you asked for pics of the dye trick. This is mine 12dpo, I was getting the FAINTEST line without the trick and still a super squinter with it. I confirmed the BFP at 13dpo with a digi and FRER.

Attachment 127312

did you look at my pic? i think yours looks much more convincing...im totally crampy right now. pretty sure i'll have my answer in 12 or so hours...either way.