Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   anyone ridiculously attached to prefolds? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471642)

okiemama 12-11-2012 04:09 PM

anyone ridiculously attached to prefolds?

Yeah when I started this cding adventure I was a pocket girl 100% I was like "those pfd mama's are crazy!" Then they crept in on me and I bought a dozen unbleached organic brown edge and oh man I was a convert to prefolds and wool lol and now that dd is pling I'm lottoing my whoke stash EXCEPT those brown edges I cant seem to bring myself to give them away but I don't quite want to use them as rags either.... it's RIDICULOUS it's like they represent Abigails babyhood what can I do with them? I thought about making trainers out of them but I have misc.prefolds I could do that with. .....am I ridiculous or what?!?

bigmamakelsey 12-11-2012 04:11 PM

Re: anyone ridiculously attached to prefolds?

I'd keep them - I keep a ton of weird stuff that holds sentimental value :giggle: Who knows, maybe one day she can use them on HER kids!

qsefthuko 12-11-2012 04:13 PM

I think your fine keeping them until you no longer want them. Unlike diapers with PUL or elStic they do not go bad when stored. You can decide later with no harm done.

okiemama 12-11-2012 05:37 PM

I just had an aha! Moment. I have a quilt front I made her out of all her old receiving blankets I could take these prefolds and make them the back of through quilt! Is that weird? They have zero stains...

okiemama 12-11-2012 05:38 PM

*back of THE quilt

crunchyNurseMommy 12-11-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiemama
I just had an aha! Moment. I have a quilt front I made her out of all her old receiving blankets I could take these prefolds and make them the back of through quilt! Is that weird? They have zero stains...

That is an AWESOME idea! They are so soft & easy to clean so shouldn't be a problem.

I am starting to get the prefold love. They are so ridiculously easy to clean & don't have to worry about elastics, Velcro, etc.

okiemama 12-11-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy (Post 16032231)

That is an AWESOME idea! They are so soft & easy to clean so shouldn't be a problem.

I am starting to get the prefold love. They are so ridiculously easy to clean & don't have to worry about elastics, Velcro, etc.

Yep and they are just so "classic" I love it! Lol

okiemama 12-11-2012 06:19 PM

I'm thinking it would be pretty cozy too almost wouldn't need batting would it?

qsefthuko 12-11-2012 06:33 PM

I bet it wouldn't need batting at all. When my son was younger he was nearly as round as he was tall. We were using GMD green edge for the width. At times I would use the prefolds as a blanket.

okiemama 12-11-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qsefthuko (Post 16032324)
I bet it wouldn't need batting at all. When my son was younger he was nearly as round as he was tall. We were using GMD green edge for the width. At times I would use the prefolds as a blanket.

Haha I had some of those they are huge!