Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   HELP!!!! I lost items I sold on Ebay (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471722)

kstar 12-11-2012 09:54 PM

HELP!!!! I lost items I sold on Ebay

I am so upset with myself! I listed several of my sons clothes on ebay and all of the auctions ended tonight. I cant find a few of the items totaling three different listings but I have the items from the other two listings :banghead:. I have literally searched everywhere for them and will be looking in my car again in the morning when its daytime. What do I do now? I know I need to message the buyers and refund them (one has already paid). Do I need to contact ebay as well? What should I write in my message to the sellers? Please tell me this has happened to others...

Cleokatrah 12-11-2012 10:15 PM

Re: HELP!!!! I lost items I sold on Ebay

I have *almost* done that several times. It is so very hard to care for young children AND track several auctions or FSOTs in any organized manner. I feel your pain - and panic!

Try not to worry. The worst that can happen is you'll receive negative feedback. They allow buyer rebuttals nowadays so that's not as bad as it used to be. It is more likely you'll receive neutral feedback or none at all. Things like this happen to everyone, even power sellers. Just be honest and candid in your messages, keep your buyers informed. If it were me, I'd offer them a multi choice solution: money back or a different item at a deeper discount.

A couple things to consider:

Ebay may not allow feedback for cancelled transactions.

Paypal does pay back the difference in a refund, so you don't have to overpay to compensate paypal fees.

Good Luck!

5PrincessMommy 12-11-2012 10:33 PM

Just be honest with them-most people will understand...

Then get a tub for all your selling stuff. As soon as you list it, stick it in the tub. Let nobody touch said tub :)

tjs77tsa 12-12-2012 01:18 AM

I had an item that I noticed a spot on after it had sold I sent the buyer a message and cancelled the transaction with the reason being that I noticed a stain if the buyer agrees to cancel feedback is blocked and you get your final value fee back. if they don't agree it still gets cancelled but you don't get the final value fee back.

expaik 12-12-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjs77tsa (Post 16033419)
I had an item that I noticed a spot on after it had sold I sent the buyer a message and cancelled the transaction with the reason being that I noticed a stain if the buyer agrees to cancel feedback is blocked and you get your final value fee back. if they don't agree it still gets cancelled but you don't get the final value fee back.

I don't believe this is correct. Even if the two parties agree to cancel, feedback can be left. I know because I've been on both ends of this situations (and both of us left positive feedback for each other because of good communication and responsiveness).

The only time the buyer is blocked from leaving feedback is if a nonpayment case was opened against the buyer by the seller, and the transaction was cancelled because of that.

ajane 12-12-2012 08:13 AM

:hugs: Yes, this has happened to me. I understand exactly how you are feeling. I have sold something that I had already sold without even realizing it.....until I went looking for it to package it up. :banghead: I also relisted something on Ebay that I had sold......that was the worst. I felt horrible. I contacted the seller immediately and said I could try to find one in our local stores (it was a harder to find toy) or I could give an immediate refund. They were obviously upset and wanted to refund immediately. I did it right away and sent another apology message. They left neutral feedback.

I would hope most people realize that everone is human and makes honest mistakes. That is why I really don't like reading so many threads on here complainging about sellers and the items they purchase. It can be hard to miss things. For example, I sold a Tinkerbell halloween costume from the Disney Store. I had no idea even after looking through it that there were about 3 tears in the tulle fabric. The way the tulle was cut for style, it wasn't noticeable until I went to put it in the envelope and then when I saw it from that angle I could tell.

The most important thing is to be quick to let them know, refund, and be apologetic.

kstar 12-12-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjs77tsa (Post 16033419)

Should I issue refund before or after the transaction is cancelled?

HeatherM0529 12-12-2012 02:47 PM

AFTER it's cancelled!

evasimone 12-12-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajane (Post 16033765)
/snip/
I would hope most people realize that everone is human and makes honest mistakes. That is why I really don't like reading so many threads on here complainging about sellers and the items they purchase. It can be hard to miss things. For example, I sold a Tinkerbell halloween costume from the Disney Store. I had no idea even after looking through it that there were about 3 tears in the tulle fabric. The way the tulle was cut for style, it wasn't noticeable until I went to put it in the envelope and then when I saw it from that angle I could tell.

The most important thing is to be quick to let them know, refund, and be apologetic.

ITA. I've had that happen too with missing a stain on an item. I caught it before I mailed but I felt really bad. I sent the buyer a picture of the stain and offered them the item for practically nothing ($2-3) or a full refund. They took the full refund and didn't leave me feedback.

I think as long as you are proactive and apologetic most people are understanding. We are humans not automatons and it's easy for us to make errors.