Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Let's talk weight gain (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471762)

apboyles 12-12-2012 12:44 AM

Let's talk weight gain

Ugh. For some reason I'm worrying about it this time. I didn't last time but I was much more active and ate healthier last time. The weird thing is, I'm at the same weight I was at this point last time, I just started out weighing less this pregnancy so I've gained more. Anyone else stressing about weight?

va703 12-12-2012 08:57 AM

Re: Let's talk weight gain

I'm just the opposite, I started out about 10 lbs heavier this time around. I've had different amounts of weight gain with each pregnancy, varying between 30 and 75 lbs. (I get puffy and the last 2 times a LOT of weight was fluid.....I lost 30 lbs in the hospital last time I delivered between baby and whatever I peed out. I felt like a sponge that had been wrung out.)

This time I've gained 25 pounds so far at 27 weeks. I'd like to keep it under 40 total, but I have no idea if that will actually happen. And yes, I'm stressing about it. Being a few years older has made weight harder to lose!

Maeve Baby 12-12-2012 10:22 AM

I don't worry about weight gain during pregnacy. My start weight with my first was 187lbs and I gained 37lbs with my first. My weight was 190lbs and I gained 27lbs with my second. My start weight with this baby was 164lbs and I'm almost 29 weeks and have gained around 24lbs. I'm guessing I will gain another 10 and hopefully be done there and if not then oh well. I don't have any health issues though to to me it's just weight and I have lost and gained so much it my life it just doesn't scare/bother me any more.

amb2j 12-12-2012 10:30 AM

Im a lot more conscious about it this time. Last time I gained about 55ish lbs (hard to say for sure b/c I stopped weighing myself at 37 weeks). My midwives never said anything about it, so I never thought it was excessive (esp b/c I started off underweight).

Well, this time around, Im easily 5-10lbs less than I was with my DS (gained 17ish lbs at 28.5weeks), but am a lot more conscious about it in general. I try not to let it stress me, especially b/c I know my weight/diet/exercise are all just fine, and b/c I tend to lose it ALL in the first 6 weeks breastfeeding.

samham 12-12-2012 10:45 AM

I'm trying not to be. I've gained 24lbs and am 28 weeks. I gained 50ish with DS and think I'm headed the same way. Gonna try to be more active and we will be eating better now that I am at home and can cook/control what we are eating. I feel much better this pregnancy though as I gained a lot early on last one.

sterlids 12-12-2012 04:14 PM

i gained 16 with lucian and am at 17 with aurelia. i'm guessing i'll end up gaining right around 20ish lbs with baby girl.

Mama_K 12-12-2012 08:49 PM

Last time around I gained 45 pounds, so far I've gained 25 pounds and I'm 28 weeks along so hopefully I won't gain too much more but who knows. It took me ten months to loose the weight after which I was pregnant again, I don't feel too stressed about the weight gain right now and I think I'm better prepared to know how to loose it and how long it could take this time :)

apboyles 12-13-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by va703 (Post 16033941)
.I lost 30 lbs in the hospital last time I delivered between baby and whatever I peed out. I felt like a sponge that had been wrung out.)

Yeah our first weekend home last time all I did was pee out 10 pounds. I guess I'm just more conscious of it this time which bothers me because I don't want to obsess about it. We'll see how my appt goes next week and how much I've gained.

earthmama7 12-13-2012 08:38 AM

I gained 21 with ODS, 35 with YDS and so far I am at 14lbs with this little man. I really would like my weight to not exceed 20 lbs but that is probably not going to happen. I worry about it because last time it was much harder to lose the weight. I have not increased my calories really, just stopped skipping breakfast, and besides my addiction to cereal, I eat mostly veggies and salads. Lately I've been craving carbs more though. I definitely stress about it though.

TS8213 12-13-2012 10:08 AM

I gained 21 lbs with DD, 40+ (I quit counting at 40) with DS and thus far I've gained 25 (@ 28w) with this little lady. I don't particularly want to gain 40 lbs this go around, ut I'm not being OCD obsessing over it like I did when I was pg with DD. I know I can lose the weight after, it'll just take time.