Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   VERY frequent urination.. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471842)

MyM&W 12-12-2012 11:54 AM

VERY frequent urination..

I'm 13+1 weeks and I was up 6x to pee last night between 9pm and 620am. So needless to say I didn't get much sleep.
After I ate breakfast (8am) I started to go pee a LOT. Between 830-1130 I had to use the bathroom almost every 5-10 minutes. I had a slight lower back ache during that time that came and went pretty quick. I called the ob office and told the nurse all this and she said to wait until my appt on Friday and see what happens unless I get a fever, burning or pain while urinating or spotting.
I don't have any of that but I'm getting waves of pain in my right kidney. I had this kidney pain happen around 7 weeks and was seen and they did the thumping on my kidneys and sent me home.
The pain in this kidney is about a 6 when it comes in the wave....

Should I call back or is this just normal? :)

my2sweets 12-12-2012 12:20 PM

I would call back.

In my 1st pregnancy I had to pee a rediculous amount, never any burning or itching or fever, and after a couple of days that little back ache that was blamed on stretching turned me into an exhausted couch potatoe. I ended up in the hospital for 3days with a kidney infection.

itiswhatitis1984 12-12-2012 12:24 PM

At the beginning of this pregnancy I was peeing like a maniac also. I just chalked it up to early pregnancy. When I had my first appt they sent me for a urine test & I had two different bacterial infections in my bladder. I had no clue with our any symptoms. So I would have a urine culture done. Life is better when you don't get up to pee 6 times a night!!

Kiliki 12-12-2012 12:31 PM

Re: VERY frequent urination..

:hugs: I'm sorry you are in pain and peeing all the time.

I would check about the kidney. I'm pretty hands off as far as medical stuff is concerned, but kidneys are pretty important. And you've only got two. So better to make sure they're okay.

I had kidney stones before, and never had any symptoms other than bad pain one night/morning. Went in to get it checked and sure enough, stones! They dissolved, thankfully.

I also had UTIs forever, and never knew what they were. I don't have any pain while urinating or any burning or anything else. I figured out what was going on when my pee turned orange from blood. That was fun.

Not everyone has the typical symptoms. But if you have had kidney pains before, you KNOW the pains. They are very specific. If you are having kidney pain, get it checked out. :hugs:

MyM&W 12-12-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my2sweets (Post 16034758)
I would call back.

In my 1st pregnancy I had to pee a rediculous amount, never any burning or itching or fever, and after a couple of days that little back ache that was blamed on stretching turned me into an exhausted couch potatoe. I ended up in the hospital for 3days with a kidney infection.

Oh wow. Yeah I wouldn't want that. :( I've been sooooooo tired for the past week, but I'm sure a lot of it is being pregnant and having 2 other kids and a house to take care of..
Quote:

Originally Posted by itiswhatitis1984 (Post 16034780)
At the beginning of this pregnancy I was peeing like a maniac also. I just chalked it up to early pregnancy. When I had my first appt they sent me for a urine test & I had two different bacterial infections in my bladder. I had no clue with our any symptoms. So I would have a urine culture done. Life is better when you don't get up to pee 6 times a night!!

Interesting. Yes they checked me for a utility a couple weeks ago because I had a lot of cramping/pain. It was negative. When I went in around 7 weeks for the kidney pain they did a urine check, negative for uti but had white cells in it...they sent it out for a culture but nothing came of it...and I agree...peeing all night sucks! Haha
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiliki (Post 16034804)
:hugs: I'm sorry you are in pain and peeing all the time.

I would check about the kidney. I'm pretty hands off as far as medical stuff is concerned, but kidneys are pretty important. And you've only got two. So better to make sure they're okay.

I had kidney stones before, and never had any symptoms other than bad pain one night/morning. Went in to get it checked and sure enough, stones! They dissolved, thankfully.

I also had UTIs forever, and never knew what they were. I don't have any pain while urinating or any burning or anything else. I figured out what was going on when my pee turned orange from blood. That was fun.

Not everyone has the typical symptoms. But if you have had kidney pains before, you KNOW the pains. They are very specific. If you are having kidney pain, get it checked out. :hugs:

How did they figure out that it was stones? I'm a newbie to this type of medical stuff haha

Kiliki 12-12-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyM&W (Post 16034852)

How did they figure out that it was stones? I'm a newbie to this type of medical stuff haha

They looked at my kidneys with an ultrasound. Which are not the most reliable, but I was nursing a 2 mo old at the time, so I couldn't drink the gunk for the other machine thing they use.

I had one medium size stone, and one small one. Plus, they did a urinalysis and found blood and bacteria in my urine, which confirmed my suspicion that I'd passed one a few days prior.

I went back in like 2 or 3 days and they were gone.

I think it was b/c I was taking Calcium Magnesium for my whole pregnancy and I took too large of doses. My MW recommended against it and cautioned that it could cause stones, but I was really wanting to avoid leg cramps, so I took the high dose anyway.

Then after the birth, I had mastitis, recovered, and then I got food poisoning and became VERY ill. (lost 6 lbs in 24 hrs) I got really dehydrated and couldn't seem to re-hydrate myself no matter how much I drank. And then within a week of that I got kidney stones. So I think mine were a bad combination of a bunch of things. Upping my water intake a whole lot for days dissolved the stones and I didn't pass anymore thankfully.

Anyway, sorry for the babble.

MyM&W 12-12-2012 02:30 PM

Wow. You poor thing :(.

The ob office told me to come right to the er. I'm in waiting right now :-/

Kiliki 12-12-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyM&W (Post 16035360)
Wow. You poor thing :(.

The ob office told me to come right to the er. I'm in waiting right now :-/

Well, I did it to myself! LOL.

That was also the same pregnancy where I broke a rib at 36 wks. It was quite eventful. :lostit:

Hope you get some good news mama. :goodvibes: