Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   How Many Cloth Panty Liners? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471860)

FriedaT 12-12-2012 12:23 PM

How Many Cloth Panty Liners?

How many cloth panty liners do I need for lunette cup backup? I have 10 liners and 2 light pads that I bought on Black Friday and I'm wondering if that's enough.

How many do you tend to go through a day? How often do you wash? I just got AF back last month after 2 years of not having it and even then I didn't count how many sposie liners I was going through as tampon backup.

Sorry if this is TMI and thanks in advance!

rainingfluff 12-12-2012 02:07 PM

Would like to know too.

I've started with 9 liners but only started using a cup 2 months ago when I started back after 2 years. I don't find 9 to be enough and some days I don't feel like messing with the cup so I'd like some regulars too.
I have no clue how many more I need.

juliasmom 12-12-2012 02:35 PM

I have 6 liners, 10 light pads and 3 regular 11" pads. I wear a Diva cup with MC pad as backup. I wash once mid-cycle and that is more than enough. I very rarely have leaks from my cup though.

WeeEssentials 12-12-2012 03:22 PM

Re: How Many Cloth Panty Liners?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FriedaT (Post 16035033)
How many cloth panty liners do I need for lunette cup backup? I have 10 liners and 2 light pads that I bought on Black Friday and I'm wondering if that's enough.

How many do you tend to go through a day? How often do you wash? I just got AF back last month after 2 years of not having it and even then I didn't count how many sposie liners I was going through as tampon backup.

Sorry if this is TMI and thanks in advance!

I would think that'd be enough, but it really depends on how much you leak, too. I have to change a couple times a day (and actually, I use a regular flow pad because I'm totally paranoid) but I've never been able to get a cup or even tampons to work perfectly for me - I've always leaked and just use it so I don't have to wear a heavier pad and change more often.

When I have my period (and I haven't for many months) I usually wash after my second day because I've run out of pads from a super heavy flow, and then again at the end because my flow is so much lighter the rest of the week. :)

GEM Cloth 12-12-2012 06:13 PM

Re: How Many Cloth Panty Liners?

That should be plenty of liners for cup backup! Most of the time I don't need a liner with mine at all but sometimes I do, when I can't seem to get it in just right. I'd say 12 liners/light pads would be enough/more than enough to get through your whole period with a cup.

FriedaT 12-12-2012 07:15 PM

Thanks for the replies, ladies! I have a feeling mama cloth will be as big of an obsession as diapers! I only need cup back up but I feel like I should get a full stash of all sizes. I'm limiting myself to liners for now.

I've been buying from Pink Lemonade and she had a sale so, well, I bought 7 mini liners :blush: She introduced a "pad of the month subscription" for 3 months (1 pad per month) and had a 12% discount today for it being 12/12/12 so I bought some singles too.

Honestly, if there had been more colors I liked in mini liners or liners, I probably would have gotten more :hide:

FriedaT 12-12-2012 07:22 PM

Just for fun, here's my current stash, including what I bought tonight. Except the 3 subscription ones as those are surprise colors and prints. Those 3 I got bamboo velour because most prints look too "girlish" (childish?) to me.

All pics are Pink Lemonade stock photos.

Attachment 127414

Minky 8" light pads

Attachment 127415

Minky 7.5" panty liners

Attachment 127416

Raw silk 7.5" panty liners

Attachment 127417

Minky 7.5" panty liners

Attachment 127418

Bamboo velour 7.5" panty liner

Attachment 127425

Minky 6" mini liner

Attachment 127426

Minky 6" mini liner

Attachment 127427

Minky 6" mini liner

Attachment 127424

Minky 6" mini liner

rainingfluff 12-13-2012 08:22 AM

Nice stash, I'll share mine too. But I may have to add photos later.

Currently I have:

5 Moonbow 7" Moonlite winged liners backed with wool.
Colors are dark purple, dark teal, spring green, bubblegum pink and turquoise. Bought from Sweetbottom Baby boutique.

4 Naturally Hip 7" OBV winged liners.
2 are Azureus Blue and 2 are Springtime print bought on Etsy.

On the way I have:

1 Moonbow 7" Moonlite wool backed liner in Lapis Blue. (I wanted 6 of these and just had to wait for another color to be in stock :)

And Lillapads is having a sale on Etsy so I picked up some to try. I got:

2 - 8" bamboo and organic cotton light flow winged pads backed with merino jersey, one pink and one lime green I think.
2 - 8" cotton light/regular flow winged pads with ultra thin pul, they are a soft turquoise with a floral print of turquoise, pinks and purples.
3 pack variety set with 1- 9" regular flow, 1 - 8" light flow and 1 - 8" liner, cotton winged pads with ultra thin pul. They are lime green and pink with an apple print.
And I get a free surprise pad for ordering in December.

Thats's 18 total, a mix of liners and light flow, I think that's probably plenty, can't wait to try the Lillapads. I like having the variety. But I may get 2 more Naturally Hip liners, I really love the ones I have and then I could have a round 20. I like even numbers ;)
Since I'm not buying diapers much anymore I think my addiction may be moving to MC ;)

Skybaby712 12-13-2012 09:11 AM

I have 12 and that is the perfect amount for me. I love the GEM cloth liners because they are really trim and I am really small, so they work well for me. They are very similar to sposie liners, just more absorbent. I use them as backup for my Diva cup and the last few days of AF, or when I know I'm about to start. I wash about every other day with diapers. I also have a few Silver Liner liners that I use as back up with my cup for my heavy days because they are thicker, longer, and a little more absorbent.

Then I also have a stash of regular and heavy pads. I think altogether I have 20 something mama cloths. I have a stash pic somewhere I will try and post later.

ETA: I found it! Gem cloth on left, The Silver Liner on right. I love having both because I like and use them both for different times of my flow.
Top row is heavy. Middle row is regular, and bottom row is liners. I am missing a liner in the pic.
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/...2/IMAG1111.jpg

rainingfluff 12-13-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybaby712
I have 12 and that is the perfect amount for me. I love the GEM cloth liners because they are really trim and I am really small, so they work well for me. They are very similar to sposie liners, just more absorbent. I use them as backup for my Diva cup and the last few days of AF, or when I know I'm about to start. I wash about every other day with diapers. I also have a few Silver Liner liners that I use as back up with my cup for my heavy days because they are thicker, longer, and a little more absorbent.

Then I also have a stash of regular and heavy pads. I think altogether I have 20 something mama cloths. I have a stash pic somewhere I will try and post later.

ETA: I found it! Gem cloth on left, The Silver Liner on right. I love having both because I like and use them both for different times of my flow.
Top row is heavy. Middle row is regular, and bottom row is liners. I am missing a liner in the pic.

Awesome stash, do you know if GEM cloth is still selling anywhere?