Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How many burp cloths do you have/use/wish you had? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471914)

lady longs 12-12-2012 02:56 PM

How many burp cloths do you have/use/wish you had?

Title says it all...

My daughter is sewing burp cloths for me for the new baby. I am wondering how many to have her sew for me.

I think I remember that you really want to have A LOT, I just can't remember how many...

NewbieSAHM 12-12-2012 03:04 PM

Re: How many burp cloths do you have/use/wish you had?

Depends on if you end up with a spitter I suppose! I had several dozen and it never seemed like enough but DS had GERD and was pretty much a fountain 24/7. Also, depends how frequently you intend to wash. Maybe a dozen or two?

slimy72 12-12-2012 03:05 PM

I had about 3 dozen and it was never enough. I went through TONS. But DS had reflux, and was very colicky. He even still has a super sensative gag reflex at 4.

my2sweets 12-12-2012 03:23 PM

A dozen, maybe a couple more. My girls werent spitters, no reflux, not big criers or anything though.

seacat 12-12-2012 03:31 PM

I use the same count as diapers so 36 or so.

KaleidoscopeEyes 12-12-2012 03:35 PM

i dont have any. i bf and have never had a spit up issue

raymark 12-12-2012 03:38 PM

I could have never had too many. Aside from cute ones others gave me as gifts I reasigned 4 dozen pfs I soon decided I was not going to use for diapering as burp cloths. I probably had about 3doz/LO total.

Sylvie89 12-12-2012 03:46 PM

1 dozen small cheap gerber prefolds is what I had for DS. He wasn't a big spitter.

EmilytheStrange 12-12-2012 03:59 PM

I had way too many. DD didn't spit up more than maybe a handful of times in her first year. In fact, I didn't take some of them out of the packages until we were first trying to potty train and I needed clean up rags. lol I still have a package of rags my cousin sewed for me all lovingly tied up in a bow.

so, I really think it just depends. if you were expecting a huge spitter upper, I'd have enough for every feeding - which could be 12 a day? and then multiply depending on how often you want to do laundry.

Southern Momma 12-12-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylvie89 (Post 16035944)
1 dozen small cheap gerber prefolds is what I had for DS. He wasn't a big spitter.

This is what I had for DD. She never spit up a lot.