Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Dec (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Anyone else hit "the wall"? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1472014)

snoggle 12-12-2012 08:58 PM

Anyone else hit "the wall"?

I've loved being pregnant. It took me years to get pregnant and I've never wanted to be the "whiney pregnant girl". I've felt pretty great the entire time. Last week my midwife said I was the most cheerful pregnant woman she's seen at 37 weeks.
But in the last couple of days, it's changed. I'm suddenly exhausted and getting tired of being pregnant. I'm 38 weeks today, so the end is in sight, but ugh! I'm sick of the swelling and my feet hurt by 10AM! I'm sick of heartburn! I just want this baby here!
And DH is driving me nuts! He's not been too helpful around the house which stinks since I'm still working full-time through next week and he's not working right now. He's been on a video game playing kick (he's not usually too into them, but I despise video games and can't stand it when he does play them.) I love him, but seriously wanted to strangle him this morning for multiple reasons. Is this what the hormones do at the end???
Am I the only one suddenly not enjoying this preggo journey?

my2sweets 12-12-2012 09:41 PM

:hugs: I was like that with dd2. By 35 wks I had gained so much weight(mostly water), was so swollen, pretty tired, and by 38wks had carpel tunnel so bad my hands were pretty useless. Add the hormones on top and......*sigh* There was a good chance she was going to be our last so I tried to enjoy it as much as I could anyway. Hang in there mama and speak up if you need to. Dh reminded me today that Im going to have to flat out tell him what I need him to do when baby gets here b/c he's not a mind reader :giggle: Not much longer now mama :hugs:

Ryder 12-13-2012 06:21 AM

Yep I could have written this. Although I lost all my positive energy this Monday at 39eks. As I'm approaching my due date this weekend, I'm not feeling much better. Trying really hard to enjoy the end and enjoy some special mommy and me time with my 2year old. But it is NOT easy!!

snoggle 12-13-2012 08:09 PM

Thanks for all the empathy, mamas! Fortunately, I got a good night's sleep last night and have been feeling a ton better today. Can't push myself as hard as I usually do! I'm going to try to keep getting plenty rest and enjoy the rest of this pregnancy as much as possible! Hopefully yesterday was the worst of it!

Edensmomma 12-14-2012 12:04 AM

Re: Anyone else hit "the wall"?

I feel like this around the end of each pregnancy. I'm 38 weeks and starting to feel ready to be done but still enjoying feeling the baby move inside. I love that feeling :wub: and miss it once they are born. This is most likely my last pregnancy so I keep trying to remind myself of that and to enjoy it while it lasts.