Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Sooooooo tired.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14724)

bethanyjoy 06-15-2006 04:28 PM

Sooooooo tired....

It's driving me crazy! I get up in the morning, eat breakfast, putter around the house for a couple hours...by 11am I am exhausted! By 1pm, I end up parking on the floor or the couch.

I was having problems feeling winded and dizzy a week ago, talked to MW and she ordered me to increase my iron intake...I've been eating a lot of iron-rich foods in addition to my prenatals and have also increased my Vitamin C intake to help with the iron absorbtion. I'm definitely feeling better than a week ago...but I feel like my "get up and go" has gotten up and LEFT! :blush:

I'm normally a very energetic person...always have a lot on the go...even if I was sitting I would be crocheting or something, kwim? Now I just sit and lay around like a lump...talk and play with the boys...but that's it. :blush:

Any suggestions for improving energy levels while pregnant? Or should I just accept the fact that with a multiple pregnancy I need more rest?

Fuzzi Fannies Creations 06-15-2006 04:31 PM

Re: Sooooooo tired....

Girl... your carrying twins.. comeon!!! I would just enjoy the rest.. soon youll have two newborns to keep up with!! :)

Sorry, I was NO help!:)

Kimmomy2dom 06-15-2006 07:22 PM

I'm pretty tired, too. Generally I get up and get ds breakfast and then lay down on the couch, LOL. A lot of people agree with the iron intake. Are you taking any extra iron supplements? My OB is telling me to take 1-2 pills a day in addition to my prenatal. When they tested my iron level at my 1 hour GTT she told me it was a little low and that they might keep testing it, but to just keep on what I'm doing now.
Try the iron like you're doing - if that doesn't work then you just have to deal with it, LOL. I think it's gotten worse as time has gone on - so you might be in for more. Sorry - not fair when we already have kids but I think it's part of the deal. You can also try asking on the twin board - they might have some other ideas!

Manna00 06-15-2006 09:26 PM

I think twins is twins, honey!! It's just your body saying YOU NEED MORE REST!!

I know my mom worked full time while carrying triplets until she was 7 months (that's when she found OUT she was having triplets) and from then on she had modified bedrest and then straight up bedrest. :)

I have no idea how you mamas of multiples do it. I'm already Manda the Human Slug with just a singleton (but I am near the end! I'm 37.5 weeks alogn and ready to BUST!).

Take care of yourself and your twinsies!

Shannon 06-15-2006 09:56 PM

I would recommend taking an iron supplement in addition to the prenatals and extra iron rich foods. I haven't had to start mine yet this pregnancy but I usually end up taking the highest dose you can buy 2-3 times a day. I dont' like them...the burping is gross...and your BM's turn Green(YUCK) but they help out with the lack of energy.

Are you feeling those kiddo's move yet?

1bigfamily 06-15-2006 10:12 PM

I had to take 3 iron pills a day plus my prenatal and I was still ready for bed by 9:30 am. :laugh: By 4 months I felt like I was 9 months all the pressure and heaviness and everything that comes at the end. I was going to ask the doctor about it when I went in but instead I found out there were 2 so I didn't have any more questions. :laugh: By the end I could barely get groceries I would get so tired and start contracting! Multiple pregancies are usually like that and the neonatologist and my doctor both said that the more women with multiples rested the further they usually carried them. Your body needs that rest and that is why it is crying out for it. Don't push it, you don't want to go into labor early. I spent a lot of time at L&D with early contractions and they couldn't stop them anymore at 34w6d so they did a c-section bc my son was on the bottom and he was sideways. Your body willl tell you what it needs so just listen.:thumbsup:

kissum 06-15-2006 10:40 PM

Rest! I remember how tired I was with you one and can't imagine how tired I'd be with two in there. You're still nursing too right? So your body's needs are now coming after 3 other people's. That's a pretty valid reason to be tired.

bethanyjoy 06-16-2006 10:53 AM

OK, thanks for the kick in the butt to lay down and do nothing! :giggle:

I forgot to mention that I think part of it has to do with the fracture in my left foot...hobbling around with my walking boot adds a bit of extra energy drain.

About the iron supplements -- anybody have any brand recommendations for me?

Kimmomy2dom 06-16-2006 11:07 AM

I just bought the kind in a bottle that they had at Target - whatever the Target brand is. I don't think they care as long as you're taking them - my doc didn't recommend any particular brand to me. I can't tell you dosage, either - as I think some of them have different amounts in them. I just bought whatever looked good and took it - not much help but I think the added iron in any way is what counts.

Shannon 06-16-2006 12:08 PM

I just bought some brand with "Valley" in the name from Walmart. I had to ask the pharmasist for help because there is the regular iron tablets that people can take and hidden somewhere around there is the heavy dosage of iron...I'm thinking like 365mg...something like that.