Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Violent kickers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1472581)

kaylabelle05 12-14-2012 09:56 PM

Violent kickers?

I am having a VERY hard time with this pregnancy. Yes there is my kidney stones and chronic kidney pain but that is with me, not the baby. This baby, Squishy, is driving me INSANE!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

DS was a normal mover. Not too many painful kicks or movements. DD barely moved at all. And when she did it was extremely gentle. But now I know it was due to her connective tissue disorder. But Squishy? This child NEVER stops! And it HURTS!:cry:

I have felt Squishy move since I was 14 weeks. I could swear I was feeling something before that but it was definite at 14 weeks. And as Squishy has been getting bigger, the kicks and movement have been getting stronger. And I would say about 25% of those are painful. I was actually "beat up" the other week because "he" (we are team green but I think is a boy) repeatedly kicked me right next to my right ribs for an hour. And for about a day afterwards, I felt like I had an internal bruise. I even tried to move Squishy so that "he" would kick someplace else or stop kicking, but no go. And on Wednesday, I felt like I got stabbed on either side of my belly with a knife when Squishy did something. I screamed out in pain and scared DD. And right now my belly looks like the scene right before the alien pops out of the chest of the host in the Alien movies. And about every 30 secs, the movement is very painful that I either cringe or cry out.

First off, is this normal? I hear from my OB that I am being silly and other people think I am joking.

Second, anyone else? Am I the only pregnant woman (current or past) that has a violent kicker?

jackobeano 12-14-2012 11:19 PM

Re: Violent kickers?

Both of my previous babies have been movers but DS more so, always felt elbows and knees dragging across my belly, ouch. This little girl has also been making me say ouch pretty frequently and DS always asks when I do say it, "baby moving". Uhm yes, lol. You can see my whole belly move obviously from the outside. I love to feel them so I don't mind but it can be uncomfortable. I just count it as a blessing that they are strong and active :)

lynn97 12-14-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackobeano
Both of my previous babies have been movers but DS more so, always felt elbows and knees dragging across my belly, ouch. This little girl has also been making me say ouch pretty frequently and DS always asks when I do say it, "baby moving". Uhm yes, lol. You can see my whole belly move obviously from the outside. I love to feel them so I don't mind but it can be uncomfortable. I just count it as a blessing that they are strong and active :)

This is how my DS was. He would wedge up high in my ribs and jam his knee out. It was hard to breathe and pretty uncomfortable. There were times he really hurt me too. And I could constantly see the "alien" movements from pretty early on (21-22 weeks?).

Like PP, I just considered it a sign he was strong and healthy, while counting down the days til I got my body back. Hang in there, OP.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

mapleleaf88 12-15-2012 01:03 AM

Closer to the end my last pregnancy I got punched in the cervix so hard that I would cry out involuntarily... This baby already takes my breath away with some of the kicks, and I'm only 21 weeks.

canadianbakers 12-15-2012 06:29 AM

Yup, it's normal. Some babies move lots, some are more laid back, some move gently, and some move... not so gently!

The Fancy Pansy 12-15-2012 07:55 AM

This baby is the SAME WAY! The other two were active and occasionally painful, but nothing like this! I swear she has knives on her feet. I call her octopus ninja baby. And I always compare my stomach to the epi of X-Files where the alien comes out of the guy's stomach. :roflmbo:

Last night while I was asleep, she was beating me up so badly, I was dreaming that a huge guy was punching me in the stomach over and over. :banghead:

aaiya 12-15-2012 09:49 PM

I used to feel like DS was scratching at my cervix with his little claw nails.

Computermama 12-15-2012 11:35 PM

DD1 was laid back, but every so often it was like she'd decide to stretch. She'd lie transverse and push on one side with feet and the other side with her hands. I swear many times that she was going to stretch herself into a classical c section.

DD2 moved constantly and she wasn't gentle. I had an absolute freakout one morning only about 3 days before she was born because I'd been up for 20 minutes and she hadn't tried to bruise me. I swore she'd grown more limbs or she learned to hit me with both hands and feet and elbows and knees in rapid succession. I was so surprised some days that I wasn't black and blue. And she still beats me up now, she can be a rough nurser, sometimes liking to latch on to other parts of my boob (yeowtch!) she's headbutted me in the face, pinches me while nursing or carrying her, and she's teething, so she bites.

KingsDaughter76 12-16-2012 12:30 AM

Oh yes! I have had some babies that were SO calm and laid back in the womb....and others who would literally have a kickboxing match in my stomach every day. I think it has to do with their personalities- my active feisty kickers are still VERY active kiddos today...and my more laid back calm babies are my most calm and quiet children now. My last baby was pretty laid back and calm...and he is still very calm today at 18 mths old. However my baby before him (my 4 yr old dd) was INSANE in my womb....she was SO active! Always moving and kicking and punching....and this child STILL literally bounces all over my house daily...she jumps the furniture and is ALWAYS on the go until I can finally get her little head asleep on the pillow at night! She is quite the exhausting little booger! :-)