Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   What do you ladies wear in the tub while birthing? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1472875)

Mummandherboys 12-16-2012 11:11 AM

What do you ladies wear in the tub while birthing?

Hello Ladies!

We are getting so close to our babies coming now!!...can't wait! :)
I can also post this in the pregnancy forum...but thought I would start here for now...
What do you ladies wear while birthing in the tub/birthing pool? I am hoping to be in the water for some of this birth this time around...at least before baby comes out. I am also hoping to wear a big shirt or something instead of the gowns they provide at the hospital... but speaking of that, what do you ladies do/wear during birth? I am new at some of these different approaches and would love to learn all I can about the options! :)

Thank you!

You Tell 'Em 12-16-2012 11:58 AM

With DD#1 I wore the hospital gown. With DD#2 I wore a black spaghetti strap tank top and black gauchos. (Homebirth) By the time my midwives checked me I was complete so there wasn't enough time to fill up the birth tub for a water birth. I gave birth on my bed in my tank top. This time I plan on wearing the same (but a new one since the other one got broken a few months back) or maybe finding a plain black sports bra type top as well as a hospital gown (from my photographer) since I'll be at the hospital. Although I'm thinking about maybe getting (or making) a skirt I can wear instead. :giggle:

Pixi6s 12-16-2012 12:51 PM

Re: What do you ladies wear in the tub while birthing?

i dont think i wore anything. I'd have to ask my husband. We were at a birth center but was moved to the hospital. There I was in a baggy T Shirt, ended up in a hospital gown afterward. Because of the move we didn't have any of the stuff we packed. not even our camera.

jackobeano 12-16-2012 02:54 PM

With both I had planned on wearing a tank top or sports bra with a skirt but ended up in a shirt with DD and just a sports bra with DS. I will have a sports bra and a skirt this time but since we are having another home birth I will go with whatever is comfy in the moment :giggle:

cheezpoofs 12-16-2012 04:47 PM

I labor/ birth nude. I don't like any clothes when I'm in labor and take them off as labor progresses. I'm not planning a waterbirth this time, but tried both previous times. Birth stools work well for me, so I'll likely use one again this time around. Still, no clothes. :goodvibes:

Caz 12-16-2012 10:14 PM

I have a couple of sports bras that crossover in the front, making it very easy to nurse. with DD I Iabored in a tub in just the sports bra and expect to do the same this time. I feel more comfortable wearing something that offers at least a little bit of support up top, but thats it.

Green Decals 12-16-2012 10:38 PM

Our first was a hospital birth, and I wore a black sports-type bra that fastened in the front I stead of the back, so DH caught baby and placed him on my belly, and I was able to open my bra right up and nurse him, without being totally naked the whole time or having clothes between baby and I.

Our second was a dry homebirth, I wore a black nursing tank and hemmed up a pretty piece of fabric that I wrapped around my waist as a sarong. It was nice and non-binding, and I could take it off and put it on easily. I liked having the tank cover my belly, but wasn't fond of having it between baby and I when he came out.

This time I am planning a water birth (at home) and contemplating what to wear... My only drawback to the nursing tank is having it between us and it being cotton, and therefore cold/wet/hard to take off when I get out. So, I am leaning toward the bra that I wore with DS1. I think I still have it. I will probably use the sarong again, loved that, until I get in the tub, provided I have time!

I would go completely nude in the water but I don't like having my boobs flopping everywhere until they have a baby to snuggle against them. So, probably black sports bra again.

lisha622 12-16-2012 10:47 PM

Thanks for asking this, Leah :) I've been contemplating this as well. I'm doing a birth center this time, and last time I had a hospital birth and just wore the hospital gown. I don't think I want to wear a swimsuit, so I'm debating between a sports bra and tank top or just a sports bra... I'll probably bring both and see what I feel like doing.

Mummandherboys 12-17-2012 11:31 AM

Thank you for all your comments Mamas :) It's so helpful having you all to talk to about all this! I think I will take a few things just for the top anyway and see what seems right at the time. I am mostly feeling like I want to cover up a little bit because DH and I are also planning on having my Mom and my little sis in the room with us too... my Mom has seen me naked plenty, but my little sis is 23 and in a very different stage of life and so I feel like this will make us both feel more comfortable. Though I know that when your in the moment of birthing the baby...nothing else is on your mind!! LOL ;)

Mummandherboys 12-17-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheezpoofs (Post 16050754)
I labor/ birth nude. I don't like any clothes when I'm in labor and take them off as labor progresses. I'm not planning a waterbirth this time, but tried both previous times. Birth stools work well for me, so I'll likely use one again this time around. Still, no clothes. :goodvibes:

Mama, tell me more about a birth stool... I am thinking through all my laboring options ;)