Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   yeast - help please!!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1472899)

RNmom926 12-16-2012 11:52 AM

yeast - help please!!!!

my little one has a rash :( It is pink fine raised bumps where her little cheeks touch. it doesnt seem to be getting any better with triple paste. Some of the other mommas on here suggested that it might be yeast and to try lotrimin. I'd like to continue using my cloth. I have fuzzibunz os elite diapers and swaddlebees simplex. My normal wash routine is cold quickwash with small amount of tide. Hot heavy duty wash with tide to the 1 line and 2 capfuls of bleach with a cold extra rinse. followed by a hot quick wash and cold rinse with no detergent. (I have a front loader)

So I have a few questions....

Is my normal wash routine enough to sanitize my diapers and kill the yeast - do I need to change anything?

What should I use as a liner when I use lotrimin? Im open to disposible liners - I just want it to protect my fleece pockets. If I do decide to use fleece liners - What do I do with them? Wash them seperately?

What about this GSE that Ive read about? Shoukd I add this to my routine? Can someone give me a brand that worked for them?

should I just switch to sposies and not worry about all of this while she has the rash? I'd rather not but I dont want to stress myself out about this either :)

Also - what could have caused this yeast rash. Shes 10 weeks old. Never been on antibiotics (I havent been on them either)

Thank you for any advice. This is my first baby and first time cloth diapering.

mommy24babes 12-16-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNmom926
my little one has a rash :( It is pink fine raised bumps where her little cheeks touch. it doesnt seem to be getting any better with triple paste. Some of the other mommas on here suggested that it might be yeast and to try lotrimin. I'd like to continue using my cloth. I have fuzzibunz os elite diapers and swaddlebees simplex. My normal wash routine is cold quickwash with small amount of tide. Hot heavy duty wash with tide to the 1 line and 2 capfuls of bleach with a cold extra rinse. followed by a hot quick wash and cold rinse with no detergent. (I have a front loader)

So I have a few questions....

Is my normal wash routine enough to sanitize my diapers and kill the yeast - do I need to change anything?

What should I use as a liner when I use lotrimin? Im open to disposible liners - I just want it to protect my fleece pockets. If I do decide to use fleece liners - What do I do with them? Wash them seperately?

What about this GSE that Ive read about? Shoukd I add this to my routine? Can someone give me a brand that worked for them?

should I just switch to sposies and not worry about all of this while she has the rash? I'd rather not but I dont want to stress myself out about this either :)

Also - what could have caused this yeast rash. Shes 10 weeks old. Never been on antibiotics (I havent been on them either)

Thank you for any advice. This is my first baby and first time cloth diapering.

What you are describing could also just be a heat rash.

RNmom926 12-16-2012 12:39 PM

Re: yeast - help please!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy24babes (Post 16050033)
What you are describing could also just be a heat rash.

How would I know the difference? Whenever I change her I make sure she is really dry and give her about 10min of no diaper time while I read to her. and the rash is still there.

abunchoflemons 12-16-2012 12:49 PM

Runs & other things can cause yeast. Gynelotromin is cd safe no liner needed. I just do hot cold temp & am fine. I have fbos & front load.you should be ok. Factor in it might take a week or o to clear up.

mommy24babes 12-16-2012 12:54 PM

It's just a fine red rash. It doesn't get really raw or painful IME.
Its just where skin is touching skin and it's moist.

Yeast will get worse. It will get raw and painful The skin can crack and bleed.

Jomama521 12-16-2012 03:44 PM

My son is just getting over a never ending rash. Finally had to try rx cream with a combo of yeast med, desirin, and hydrocortisone cream. Did nothing. Next we tried an rx antibiotic cream and it cleared right up. He has been in disposables because I have afraid of ruining my diapers.

RNmom926 12-16-2012 09:21 PM

Thank you all for your help!

So can I use gynelotrimin without a liner in my fleece pocket diapers?

RNmom926 12-17-2012 02:25 PM

Just a little update.... I used some lanolin with every change starting yesterday afternoon.
And gosh darn it.. her but looks great!!! I'm assuming if it was actually yeast it would not be improving without some sort of antifungal - right?

haddiehold1109 12-17-2012 02:33 PM

I think yeast gets thrown around a lot on here and though it isn't uncommon not every darn diaper rash that is persistent is yeast! My dr. Explained to me that yeast occurs more below the tummy and where the leg creases are and that for it to be on the buttox is rare? And especially only on buttocks. Think yeast likes dark places that stay wet. We suffered from yeast here for over 6 weeks because of an internal yeast issue am what you are describing doesn't sound like that. I know you are going to gasp but try desitin maximum strength, I don't use it all the time but regular diaper rashes host yeast if not taken care of quickly and desitin will do the trick! We started using a stay dry liner and using a wash routine a lot like yours with tide and we have been rash free for six months! Maybe you could use the lanolin as a regular rash preventative?? We use Cjs butter with every change and it has seemed to help!