Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Does anyone NOT have pockets? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1472980)

greencrunchymama 12-16-2012 05:48 PM

Does anyone NOT have pockets?

It seems like pockets are very popular and I'm wondering if anyone doesn't have ANY. If you don't have any, what do you use for outings? AIOs?

UVASahm 12-16-2012 06:01 PM

Re: Does anyone NOT have pockets?

I'm moving towards this....I hate the stuffing!! I can do anything with outings but normally a very absorbent fitted with a fleece liner.

Fashionably Green Baby 12-16-2012 06:03 PM

I only have a few a few pockets and I pretty much never use them on DD (they are for DS's naps). I use Fitteds when out usually. I don't use AIO's

starbeam 12-16-2012 06:26 PM

I don't have a single pocket. I haven't tried suedecloth or other materials, only the fleece inner pockets (happy heinys and a few other brands), but my DS got HORRIBLE rashes with pockets and so i sold them all. i also never found a good fit! i get the stay-dry thing, but DS doesn't get rashes without a stay dry layer, so we're good. if you have to stuff anyway (i HATED stuffing pockets) i'd rather use an AI2/hybrid diaper. We have 4 of those types of covers for laundry days (we use almost exclusively prefolds and wool most of the time), they are Etsy covers but they're pretty much just like Flips, with contoured hemp diapers (wonder-fulls) that I lay in them. When I go out, sometimes we use sposies (we always go out in cloth but sometimes we have sposies in the diaper bag) and sometimes we use prefolds or the hemp contour dipes, whatever he's wearing at the moment. I'd like a bigger diaper bag so it would be easier to go out with cloth.

Pixi6s 12-16-2012 06:27 PM

We only used pockets for nightime, BG pocket just have the best stay dry in my opinion. Other than that I hate stuffing.

I tried a bit of everything in the small size, for med and beyond we used hybrid/AI2 and prefolds and covers. I like the reusable cover aspect. The AI2 (we used grovia) I liked the best for outings. I could pack one extra cover and several inserts and not take up as much room in the diaper bag. I always liked 2 more changes that we would need. I had no issues bringing the prefold and cover as well. Simple, just one extra cover and several prefold inserts. It generally just depended on what he was wearing we were about to go out and what we had available.

What do you use normally? Why do you think it would be so hard to use for outings?

c&w's mama 12-16-2012 06:28 PM

pockets were an expensive mistake for us. I use prefolds or WH with pul covers to go out. Getting more brave with wool outings...

Yarnjess 12-16-2012 06:35 PM

I technically have pockets but I don't use them at all. I originally got them for babysitters to use, but my ils used the prefolds when we used those and use fitteds now that we do flats and fitteds. I use flats usually when out and about because they fold up and fit nicely in a diaper bag. I actually just use a large purse now, and I can fit a bunch of diapers, changing mat, wet bag, and an extra pair of longies (we do wool full time) with no problem.

Alaga 12-16-2012 06:42 PM

I have 1 pocket I picked up at a consignment sale for $2.50 (nearly new BG 3.0 :mrgreen: ). Not my fave, as I dislike stuffing. We mostly use BGE's and prefolds w/ Flips; either works for outings!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

happycat 12-16-2012 06:54 PM

I don't like stuffing. We use Flip inserts or prefolds or flats with Flip covers at home. We usually just use Flip covers and inserts when out and about. I just got some BG Freetimes that I'm looking forward to trying out.

Junipervt 12-16-2012 06:57 PM

we don't as DS is allergic to PUL. I use OS fitteds & wool longies or shorties for outings. it's the same as at home.