Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How many prefolds/flats do I need? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1472982)

2wonderfulboys 12-16-2012 05:52 PM

How many prefolds/flats do I need?

I will be diapering a NB and an almost 2 yr old. I am doing flats and prefolds. Small/large flats, and small med prefolds. How many dozen of each do I need? I was every other day 3 days at the most.

OverseasMom 12-16-2012 07:26 PM

Re: How many prefolds/flats do I need?

Oooooohhhh, great question!

2wonderfulboys 12-16-2012 09:01 PM

Bump anyone?

mamatoclaire 12-16-2012 09:07 PM

I'd say 3 dozen for newborn and 2 dozen for toddler. Your mix of flats and prefolds is just a manner of preference. And if your toddler is still in diapers when your NB sizes up you'll need a another couple dozen of the larger sizes. HTH!

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum

c&w's mama 12-17-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamatoclaire (Post 16051837)
I'd say 3 dozen for newborn and 2 dozen for toddler. Your mix of flats and prefolds is just a manner of preference. And if your toddler is still in diapers when your NB sizes up you'll need a another couple dozen of the larger sizes. HTH!

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum

I'd pretty much do this.

3 dozen for newborn and 2 dozen for toddler= prefolds

and

1 dozen small flats
1 dozen large flats

*** if you love flats, I'd reverse the numbers for prefolds vs flats***

I haven't diapered 2 at the same time... but think I'd have to do every other day washing just based on my FL. I'd use the flats when I felt like it and to boost todder night and nap diapers. I also use smaller prefolds to beef up my toddler diapers... now I'm moving to flats for that (and have always used doublers)

hilaryisinked 12-17-2012 03:29 PM

You will have to wash more often unless you have more than one diaper pail at a time. With a newborn and 21 month old we had to wash every other day. There were just so many dirty diapers.

mamamarisa 12-17-2012 03:53 PM

id get 3 doz nb diapers, 3 doz small, 2 doz med and 2 doz large, if your 2 y/o is still in medium diapers maybe add another 2 doz mediums incase your kids are both in med at the same time but i would hold off until you got to that point

qsefthuko 12-17-2012 04:03 PM

I would do 3 dozen for the nb and 2 dozen for the toddler. It depends on your machines capacity but in my top loader I would have to do diapers daily with prefolds and every other day with flats when diapering 2 children at a time. Currently I have a full load of prefolds every other day and with flats every 3 days for just one in diapers.