Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   ew! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1473119)

thirdtimemomma 12-17-2012 09:26 AM

ew!

I have a huge stash of diaper "safe!" Detergents from when I was trying the "safe" wash routine experiment.. anyway I'm trying to use it all up by using it on my clothes and diapers till its gone. So for fun I used allens and did NoT add bleach to my hot wash. I did a warm normal with 2 tsp allens and the another whitest of whites with allens and my diapers are stained and stinky. I don't know how people wash with this stuff and still cloth diaper.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum

cdeweese 12-17-2012 09:38 AM

Re: ew!

We use bleach with every load. We've tried using just RNG, BumGenius, Country Save, Tide and All F&C alone in the wash and nothing ever smelled clean. We have hard water and we also use Calgon. Once I added a few Tbsp of bleach to every load my diapers smelled clean. Not like detergent or poop :yuck:

mariamommy 12-17-2012 09:55 AM

I don't really understand how 2 tsp of ANY detergent could clean a load of poopy diapers. :headscratch:

greencrunchymama 12-17-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariamommy (Post 16053293)
I don't really understand how 2 tsp of ANY detergent could clean a load of poopy diapers. :headscratch:

:yeahthat:

hilaryisinked 12-17-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariamommy

For real!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

jennayoung99 12-17-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariamommy

I don't get it at all. Its the dirtiest thing you are going to put in your washing machine, it needs plenty of soap.

Pixi6s 12-17-2012 11:35 AM

I used one oz of biokleen liquid laundry detergent in my top loader with med-hard water and had no issues, clean, nice smelling diapers. About a single TBL.

Now I have a front loader and super soft water, when I had more of a full load of diapers I used 2 teaspoons at most of rockin green. Again no issues. With the tiny load I do now of nightime diapers I use a half teaspoon.

thirdtimemomma 12-17-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariamommy (Post 16053293)

Yes I know! Honestly I don't know if I could get my diapers clean with out bleach even. It's the only time we use bleach in our house too.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum

TrennaII 12-17-2012 03:29 PM

Allen's is a soap ... people are having a lot of trouble with soap-based stuff. Detergents such as Country Save, or mainstream grocery store detergents, get much better results.

And yes it's very very rare that using less than the manufacturer's recommended dose of detergent works. The Country Save people reminded me, always adjust it to fit the amount of water you are using, not the amount of clothes (this is why doing a tiny load in a front loader is when a tiny dose is OK).