Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   for those who had twins at how many weeks did you have birth? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1473210)

mommmy 12-17-2012 01:37 PM

for those who had twins at how many weeks did you have birth?

and were there any complications from early delivery?
i want to carry as long as possible but the thought of not being pregnant sounds delightful. my obgyn thinks i should make it through christmas but may be giving birth shortly after in the new year

Brooke789 12-17-2012 06:29 PM

Re: for those who had twins at how many weeks did you have birth?

Mine were born at 36W6D. No NICU needed. We all went home together :)

thealmightyme 12-17-2012 06:34 PM

36 weeks 3 days. No NICU needed. I was actually scheduled for a cs later the same day they were born. They choose to come before my scheduled time. They had their own plan lol. Both were born in the same minute too.

33andunder 12-17-2012 06:35 PM

35W5D. No Nicu or nursery time. Babies roomed in with me and came home at four days (C Section).

thekuligs 12-17-2012 06:42 PM

37w5d we went home 2 days later =) No issues.

Heather8183 12-17-2012 06:43 PM

Thanks for asking this...we're expecting twins in July so I was wondering the same thing :)

sallyjean 12-17-2012 08:45 PM

37+1, but I was induced. No complications and went home the next morning.

bai18176 12-17-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather8183 (Post 16055235)
Thanks for asking this...we're expecting twins in July so I was wondering the same thing :)

We're expecting twins in April and I was wondering as well. Glad to hear so many with no NICU :goodvibes:

meesh38 12-17-2012 11:05 PM

First set: 36w5d - 2 days in "special care" nursery for low blood sugars and temp regulating problems, home on 3rd day

Second set: 37w3d - no nursery time and no probs with sugars/temps, came home 2nd day

lilac0226 12-18-2012 12:40 AM

34 weeks 5 days. They were born vaginally, I was determined and had huge fears of a c-section. They were in the NICU for 3 weeks but it was primarilly just so they were eating on there own, they didn't really have any health complications. The NICU was harder than expected, if you have the option of a hospital that has private NICU rooms I would plan on delivering there just in case. The hospital I delivered in has now gotten private rooms and just that alone makes the NICU experience totally different since you can room in and stay with your babies when my sons were born I had to stay somewhere else and go back and forth to hospital. Developmentally they were caught up within the first few months. They were 4'3 and 4'9 at birth. Good luck and congratulations to all the twin mamas to be!!!