Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I NEED a new washer!! Recs??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1473275)

AleahDeann 12-17-2012 05:56 PM

I NEED a new washer!! Recs???

I HATE my FLer with a passion, we have hard ish water, and I am sick of sending my diapers through 4 cycles and still not feeling like they are clean. I am sick of my White clothes looking gray and my colors looking dim and faded after just one wash. We have tried all the detergents under the sun and have decided it is just the washer does not work for us.

So I want a top loader, Not sure of budget right now, so recs across the board please! I need it to CLEAN my diapers AND clothes. TIA!!

lynn97 12-17-2012 06:11 PM

I love our LG HE TL. It is a Wave series washer. It has a feature to add extra water and you can add additional rinses with the push of a button too. It has been great for diapers and clothes. HE TL always use more water than FL too, just b/c of their design.

Re: dingy clothes, I can't help but wonder if that isn't just your water or the minerals in it, though...

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

4boys1girlforme 12-17-2012 06:15 PM

Re: I NEED a new washer!! Recs???

What kind of washer do you have?

I have had my LG FL for 8 years and love it! I wash diapers on sanitary and it is super easy.

Oh and I wash super dirty boy clothes (lots of them!) and my boys play baseball and I do pretreat some stains (mainly grass) and things come out clean.

Melinda29 12-17-2012 07:55 PM

Speed Queen is a commercial brand used in laundromats that you can buy for home use is you google a retailer. They are awesome. All-metal construction, made in USA. No plastic, very old school. Retailers don't like to sell them becuse they seriously never break (that is where they make a LOT of profit--repairs). You can seriously do 10+ loads a day and they will last 20+ years. Mine was $550 new. They also have the highest spin rpm for toploaders, so clothes dry faster.

FYI--new govt regs imposed water limits on all toploaders made after January 2009. So if you get a regular toploader, it will not fill very full. I had a plumber tell me how to reset my Speed Queen so it will fill up like an old one, but a gadget-minded person could probably figure it out on their own.

c&w's mama 12-17-2012 08:07 PM

I can't stand the grey either... if they'd just use some water they wouldn't have that extreme transfer and might get clothes clean!

I, too, had DH adjust the waterlevel in our terrible FL (I bought in new in 07 thinking I was doing something good- yeah, thanks maytag/whirlpool)

I'm ordering a speed queen as soon as this sucker stops working. But I'm listening to it wash dipes right now and am lulled by water sounds :) I would have never made it without increasing the water... it comes over the seal now (gasp) but we have a pan under it and trying to take a few other precautions... a drain in the floor would be ideal :)

Teddyandnick 12-17-2012 08:13 PM

I have had terrible problems with my Electrolux FL. The owner of the appliance store recommended speed queen to me too. He said they last forever and are really heavy duty and made to hold up to multiple loads a day. Unfortunately after paying a fortune for the Electrolux pieces of junk, I have to wait a couple years before buying anything new.