Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Anyone else have trouble BDing so often while TTCing? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1473670)

Pixi6s 12-19-2012 08:49 AM

Anyone else have trouble BDing so often while TTCing?

Hi,

My husband thinks we are not normal. During this last cycle we had sex 5 times in 11 days. We tried last night for the last fertile day this cycle and failed. Neither of us were in the mood. He thinks that "normal couples" have sex every night or at least this often normally (or at least some leftover 15 year old part of his brain does). A couple of the other successful nights weren't easy as well.

Anyone else find it hard to be in the mood this much this often?

O was delayed 3 days, most likely because of the omega 3-6-9 i started taking, but i also had more fertile CM, so worth it. next cycle (if needed) I won't start us as early.

menthomas 12-19-2012 09:01 AM

If we have sex 5 times in 11 days its a miracle! I'm just too tired and not in the mood or he isn't. That's what happens when you have kids. Sometimes though if he's in the mood and I'm not I just go ahead anyways esp if its been a couple days since we have bd.

I think it's totally normal! When we were newlyweds it's was pretty much everyday. Then it's just slowed down as we have gotten older and have 2 kids. :hugs:

UVASahm 12-19-2012 09:12 AM

Re: Anyone else have trouble BDing so often while TTCing?

You are totally normal! My dh and I love trying because it is exciting to think about a new baby but when you have a CURRENT baby that wakes up like clockwork at 6am it is hard to get in the mood! Soooo tired! Don't stress. All couples go through this when they have little ones. Just remind him that when they are teenagers there will be soooo much time! They sleep until noon :).

Pixi6s 12-19-2012 09:55 AM

Thanks! We shoot for every other night leading up to O, we are tired and often have trouble fitting everything we want to do in a day. I just see charts at tcoyf.com and people talking about every night for 5 or more days leading up to O, I just don't think that can happen. Our normal activity is a few times a month, we always say its not enough. I think a healthly happy amount for us is about once a week - this 2-3 times a week is hard. Even when we were 20 we were never every night people, so this isn't too surprising.

We are trying for the 2013 fall baby. It feels selfish but I don't want another winter baby. So we are taking a 3-4 month break soon. If that happens there should be a bit less push because of the 8-9 months available for the 2014 baby. :)

UVASahm 12-19-2012 10:00 AM

Also when we first started trying my doctor every other day is better than everyday because there are more swimmers. Hehe.

qsefthuko 12-19-2012 10:13 AM

I have read everyother day or even every 3 days gives a higher sperm count and better chances of conception.

Also I have read absence not only makes the heart grow fonder but also makes more sperm. I don't know if it is true. It has been several years since I read the article but it said being away a day or two, either him or you, can temporarily increase sperm count. All I remember was it was something about the man's body staking it's claim. It said it differently but this was how I remembered it.

MyKzooFamily 12-19-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UVASahm (Post 16060525)
Also when we first started trying my doctor every other day is better than everyday because there are more swimmers. Hehe.

This is very true! However, if you are trying to catch 'O' and she comes and goes quickly, sometimes every day can be better.

I think it's totally normal. DH and I can go two weeks + without dtd and it makes me feel awful. But we get SO busy with kids, homework, stuff for work, going places, we are just TOO tired.

I need to dtd between December 22nd and January 1, just to make sure I cover all my bases with O and my lunar fertile chart. So he doesn't know it, but I'm making sure to get cleaning and stuff and freezing meals done now so things are easier for us. It would be nice to DTD this much anyways, and not be so tired. :giggle:

Pixi6s 12-19-2012 10:34 AM

sounds like a fun Christmas and great job planning ahead!

Good Luck!

MyKzooFamily 12-19-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UVASahm (Post 16060525)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixi6s (Post 16060656)
sounds like a fun Christmas and great job planning ahead!

Good Luck!

How many days until you POS? :)

Pixi6s 12-19-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily (Post 16060673)
How many days until you POS? :)

My temp rose 2 days ago, my most FCM was 2 days before that. So we still got a some time to wait. I was looking into if I could know for Christmas but it'll only be 8ish days by then. I can def check by new years though and know if I'll be toasting the night or not.

:)