Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Basically it's Thursday...(Only 5 days to go!) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1473903)

~whitehologram~ 12-20-2012 12:57 AM

Basically it's Thursday...(Only 5 days to go!)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1305616431

We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

~whitehologram~ 12-20-2012 03:45 AM

Re: Basically it's Thursday...(Only 5 days to go!)

Doing my nails now and then more wrapping.

~whitehologram~ 12-20-2012 03:47 AM

It's taking longer than usual but looking good. I'm trying to let them harden more between steps. Usually I just leave the light on and work fast. Today I'm turning on the timed-2-minute-light and letting it go until it turns off. It takes much longer this way but hopefully it will make them stronger.

~whitehologram~ 12-20-2012 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16062267)
Oh wow. It was announced today that the principal that retired 2 years ago, Donna Page, will give up her retirement and return as principal to Sandy Hook Elementary. She is giving up her retirement to help them recover and heal. Sigh, this is a good thing. What a wonderful woman.

Oh wow. That is awesome and sad at the same time. I heard the kids wont be going back to that building in the new year...any idea what they will do? Build a new school or just wait till repairs have been made to the building?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurmommies (Post 16062358)
:wave:

We had a tough tough evening here, but it is all good now. E broke my new reusable mug (gift from a student) when he dropped it on the floor, and then everyone was sad/grouchy afterwards. He went to the store with Ru to replace it after supper, so then everyone felt better. Now he is in bed and excited for pyjama day tomorrow. I am in the middle of a marking marathon. Want to get my science tests marked tonight so that I have just the science posters to mark tomorrow and then I can send stuff home on Friday.

Good to know about the principal at Sandy Hook. I hope it helps.

I'm sorry about the rough evening Mel; And the mug. I know how much that can hurt. I'm glad you could get a replacement.

PJ day in school sounds like fun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16062236)
Bubble gum pink dye in MH's hair setting. In a bit she and I will shower it out.

Before then I need to clean the kitchen and switch around the laundry.

Going to be very cold by morning -2

Cool. I love that MH gets to have fun colours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by redgirlsmama (Post 16062436)
I got my eyebrows done Janine :rofl:
That is great Jen. I have to admit that I am really putting my blinders on details wise with the situation. Not because I don't care, but because I get emotional easily, and now I can identify on more than one level. Plus Christmas Eve is the anniversary of my friend getting murdered by her husband so I get kind of caught in a cycle. sigh.
Making baguettes to go with marinara and spaghetti as a Christmas gift to 4 teachers and the bus driver. Hoping the baguettes don't fail me. It is a recipe I am very familiar with but I am using the baking stone :nervous:

:giggle2: Jess!

:hugs: I'm sorry about your friend.

jwjbbrown 12-20-2012 05:05 AM

Jess the only reason I saw this is that it was on NPR online. The only news I will read right now. Only safe news for me right now.

Janine all I know is that they are starting school on an old middle school building in January.

I am awake. May just get up since I have to be up in an hour. Maybe make biscuits to heat the house and warm the belly before we head out in the cold today. :brrr:

~whitehologram~ 12-20-2012 06:23 AM

Well I'm finally done with my nails. They have taken all morning. Not sure why but things went wrong a couple of times and I had to fix that.

Oh well, I'll have to wrap those last few gifts tomorrow morning before work. I wont be able to do it now. The kids will be home soon.

~whitehologram~ 12-20-2012 06:23 AM

Well I'm finally done with my nails. They have taken all morning. Not sure why but things went wrong a couple of times and I had to fix that.

Oh well, I'll have to wrap those last few gifts tomorrow morning before work. I wont be able to do it now. The kids will be home soon.

~whitehologram~ 12-20-2012 06:50 AM

Ok, time for a quick whiz around here before the monsters arrive home...and mess everything up again :rolleyes:

jwjbbrown 12-20-2012 07:09 AM

biscuit are baking, time to get ready for work

~whitehologram~ 12-20-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16063506)
biscuit are baking, time to get ready for work

What you you eat with the biscuits?