Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   BBT Thermometer (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1473918)

tedcgh 12-20-2012 05:20 AM

BBT Thermometer

I have a Baby Comp currently that I have had for a few months now. It just isn't for me (I am so glad that I got it used). I think I will be selling it after the first of the year and just go to charting on the computer where I will have a little more input. So I am searching for a BBT thermometer. I prefer one with a backlight since it is still pitch black when I temp. Is there a fave thermometer out there? A gold standard in the charting community? Any suggestions would be great.

katiecornflakes 12-20-2012 06:38 AM

Re: BBT Thermometer

I just got mine at CVS for maybe $9. Works fine. It seems most people tend to just get them online or at a drugstore. There's not a ton of difference between them. Just make sure you get one that measures to the 0.00, which I'm sure you know. :)

Pixi6s 12-20-2012 08:06 AM

I got the nexcare which seemed to be a the favorite, its alright.. not sure if they get any better. When you push it button it lights up and tells you the last temp you did, then you wait through the beeping until it tells you its done. Since its dark I just put it down and read the temp later when the lights on I'm thinking clearly.

The only thing I think is really stupid is it should light up again when it has registered the temp. Some mornings I really want to know what my temp is NOW and to do that I have to turn on the light. Sucks and doesn't make any sense. It's like it just expects you to read it later so give no other options.

Pixi6s 12-20-2012 08:06 AM

dup

NOTWMommy 12-20-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixi6s
I got the nexcare which seemed to be a the favorite, its alright.. not sure if they get any better. When you push it button it lights up and tells you the last temp you did, then you wait through the beeping until it tells you its done. Since its dark I just put it down and read the temp later when the lights on I'm thinking clearly.

The only thing I think is really stupid is it should light up again when it has registered the temp. Some mornings I really want to know what my temp is NOW and to do that I have to turn on the light. Sucks and doesn't make any sense. It's like it just expects you to read it later so give no other options.

On mornings when you really want to see the temp, after you temp, push the button so it turns off, then push it again to turn it back on. It will light up and show you the temp you just took! :thumbsup: hope that helps!