Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   6 Sugar Snap Peas Diapers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1474021)

Wapondi 12-20-2012 01:13 PM

6 Sugar Snap Peas Diapers

Don't know how to delete this thread so am just erasing. Thanks to everyone for entering!

crunchymamaNY 12-20-2012 01:35 PM

Re: 6 Sugar Snap Peas Diapers

I think that's really awesome of you!!

I'm pregnant with #5! I would love to enter for some much needed diapers for the new arrival coming and money is super duper tight right now since I am not working (I'm going to school right now).

Acts of kindness that I plan on doing??
I'd plan on making a nice big variety of cookies to bring to my local hospital's maternity ward. The nursing staff there is so nice, and I'd love for them to enjoy some of our fresh baked cookies! I hope to drop them off on Christmas day :) It must be hard for them to work on that day, so they need a bit of cheering up. I'd also like to make 3 newborn hats to donate to them so they can give them to 3 babies who look like they need it. :)

ctj101502 12-20-2012 01:41 PM

How awesome!
Not sure what to consider, I do meals for those that have had babies/are sick. I enjoy having food done for me if I am out from a baby or illness so I do the same for others. Also, instead of selling things, if someone needs it I just give it. I do sell things if no one needs it that I know. So this week I gave away a bunch of maternity clothes and sold ones that wouldn't fit anyone I knew. Also gave away all my boy baby legs since we don't use them, the momma promised she would start cloth diapering so after teaching her about it I gave them to her as a fun gift. Other than that, I would say keeping my kids alive while stuck in the house all this time from my labor 2 weeks ago :P

WildWestMomma 12-20-2012 03:31 PM

I can't use these as my LO is over 20lbs, but I just wanted to say how sweet this act of kindness is. I love the idea of 26 acts of kindness to honor those lost. You have inspired me to do the same. Bless you and have a wonderful holiday!

IloveDoris89 12-20-2012 05:20 PM

I would like to enter. I have just started cloth diapering and I am trying to build my stash, so far I have acquired enough diapers to get through one day but I have to do laundry every night. We are having some financial issues right now and thankfully I am lucky enough to have a family that was able to give my son and daughter a christmas this year, we could not even get a tree. it just was not a priority. I have been trading some of my stuff and purchasing inexpensive diapers where I can find them to get off to a start on cloth diapering in hopes of saving money in the future, luckily for me it turns out to be something I really am falling in love with! In one of the lots I traded for I got one fitted and I am in love with it, I like them much better than pockets.

The act of kindness I would do is what I always do, donate what I do not need to someone that does. I strongly believe in karma and always try to return what has been done to me so I am always donating when my children out grow clothes and toys. I like to search the wanted ads on craiglist and help out people looking for simple belongings that I do not use anymore and I also use craigslist to post toys that I get rid of when I try to downsize, I usually donate what wasn't taken to the salvation army. I also belong to a parenting forum and have at times mailed moms in need baby clothes that my children have grown out of and I always keep an eye out for posts looking for help. I cant always afford to do it but when I can I always do. I don't always have the free time but when I do I also like to crochet newborn beanies to donate to my local hospitals maternity ward I usually only make a handful every couple of months but its fun for me too. If I had the patience to make blankets for them I would...maybe in the years to come lol when I dont have kids under the age of 5! Thank you for doing something so kind even if it does not go to me! Its nice to see acts of kindness like this!

mommytobe2013 12-20-2012 05:32 PM

i would like to enter this lotto! im having my first child in may and plan on cloth diapering but the way things look financially i might not be able to because of the upfront cost :( an act of kindness i am doinhg is helping my grandpa wrap christmas presents :). i am planning on passing on my cloth diapwrs when im done using them to another mama in need!

Tina5834 12-20-2012 06:52 PM

Enter me! I wrote in your other lotto that I putting inspirational note under people windshield wipers!

MrsLisaT 12-20-2012 08:45 PM

You really are an inspiration :)

If I win these, I will volunteer at a soup kitchen. This is something I've always wanted to do but am just to nervous to do it. But, I promise, I will force myself to if I win!

MyKzooFamily 12-20-2012 09:20 PM

If we won these, we would donate some of our prefold stash along with a cover to the local crisis pregnancy center, as we could afford to let those go. I know they go through cloth very quickly because a lot of the mothers want to try it, since they are very low on money and need help. I would put together a very nice bundle, with unstained prefolds and a new cover, wrapped with a big bow.

If we didn't win, I would donate some of my children's clothing there, and have them pick out toys to give before Christmas. I really want my 4 year old to understand giving, and giving to others things that we have, that we can part with. I also want him to understand that even though we don't have a lot, there are many families that have less, and we should be thankful, and still give when we can. I want him to grow up having a caring and giving spirit, because so many children in this world are growing up selfish and spoiled, and I want my son to understand that there is a time to save, and a time to give and help others. :)

Jenn135 12-21-2012 03:34 PM

Please enter me. We are needing a few fitteds for nighttime use. I will pass on any extraa that i don't find we use to a mama in need. I will PM one of my acts of kindness, as I don't want the recipient to see. :) We are about to take a 9 hour journey for the holidays. At every stop on the way there and back I will try to find another person to help or simply brighten there day. (Taking an extra coat, if we see a homeless person, etc. still brainstorming for ways to help with things we already have) thank you, very sweet and honorable thing you are doing!