Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1474072)

loveramongstars 12-20-2012 02:59 PM

Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich

How do make yours?

Do you put the jelly first or peanut butter first?

How many knifes do you use?

I always put the jelly first, wipe off excess on the bread so no jelly "contaminates" my peanut butter. Then put the peanut butter on.

I am not including cutting off crusts or cutting in shapes. Just the basics of it.

It may be a silly question...but those have come up a lot now the little one is so close!

ETA: If you use another type of "butter" pretend it's peanut butter. Same with the jelly. And this only applies to pb&j.

Geckmumto3 12-20-2012 03:03 PM

Re: Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich

I prefer PB on both slices of bread and then a tiny bit of jam in the middle. I don't like what jam does to bread. Two knives.

I don't usually make it that way because I try not to use so much PB. :giggle2: Day to day PB&J is PB on one slice, jam on top and then cut into triangles.

NotLad 12-20-2012 03:05 PM

I have a thing about jam remnants in the peanut butter. I use one knife and put pb on first.

Strange enough, pb remnants in the jam don't phase me.

I'm an odd duck.

earthflower 12-20-2012 03:05 PM

peanut butter first

somo_chickenlady 12-20-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geckmumto3 (Post 16065350)
I prefer PB on both slices of bread and then a tiny bit of jam in the middle. I don't like what jam does to bread. Two knives.

I don't usually make it that way because I try not to use so much PB. :giggle2: Day to day PB&J is PB on one slice, jam on top and then cut into triangles.

Same here, but I use small spatulas rather than knives. ;) I do PB first, thick layer on one slice of bread, thin layer on the other (just to prevent what jelly does to bread, ick!), change to a new spatula then put grape jelly, and only grape jelly, on the slice with the thin layer of PB. Slap them together, then cut in half. :giggle:

Leah52 12-20-2012 03:08 PM

I put peanut butter on one piece of bread and jam on the other and I use a knife for the pb and a spoon for the jam.

tallanvor 12-20-2012 03:08 PM

Same as you, OP. Knife for jelly, wipe it, then do peanut butter with same knife.

My husband and my kids, on the other hand, use a knife for the peanut butter, but a spoon for the jelly.

qsefthuko 12-20-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah52 (Post 16065370)
I put peanut butter on one piece of bread and jam on the other and I use a knife for the pb and a spoon for the jam.

We do the same but with only one knife.

KandFsMomma 12-20-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveramongstars (Post 16065334)
How do make yours?

Do you put the jelly first or peanut butter first?

How many knifes do you use?

I always put the jelly first, wipe off excess on the bread so no jelly "contaminates" my peanut butter. Then put the peanut butter on.

I am not including cutting off crusts or cutting in shapes. Just the basics of it.

It may be a silly question...but those have come up a lot now the little one is so close!

ETA: If you use another type of "butter" pretend it's peanut butter. Same with the jelly. And this only applies to pb&j.

I do the same as you, only 1 knife is needed, and the jelly wipes off easier :)

Nerissa 12-20-2012 03:15 PM

PB First and one knife

1. Spread PB on one slice of bread
2. Clean knife off on 2nd piece of bread
3. Spread jelly on 2nd piece of bread

now if i am making PB & J sandwiches that are going to sit, like for lunch later or if I make one for DS1 lunch the night before then I do:

1. Butter on both pieces of bread
2. PB on both pieces of bread
3. Jelly on top of PB on one piece of bread.

I remember in elementary school we had to write out the steps to make the perfect PB & J sandwhich. then our teacher made each kids PB & J sandwich based on their directions and then we got to eat them. That was 2nd or 3rd grade so long time ago but the memory has stuck with me.