Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   4 Aristocrat wool covers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1474110)

Wapondi 12-20-2012 05:48 PM

4 Aristocrat wool covers

4 Aristocrat wool covers up for lotto. The sizes are not marked but one is pretty small, two are medium-ish and one is kind of big. Real descriptive, eh?

The two medium-ish ones are dyed (I dyed them with Kool Aid). One is purple-ish and one is sort of coral.

The large has some holes in the waistband.

Again, I'm participating in 26 Acts of Kindness to honor the children and adults lost at Sandy Hook Elementary. If you win, what act of kindness will you do for someone else?

Please only enter if you really need the covers.

Thanks!

SeaChellsRun 12-20-2012 07:30 PM

Re: 4 Aristocrat wool covers

I'm going to be going through my makeup and giving away the good stuff. I haven't worn makeup in a long time and I have some nice eye shadows, lip sticks etc from good companies that I think another woman could enjoy.

DD is doing the same with her toys but that's her act of kindness. :goodvibes:

MrsLisaT 12-20-2012 07:40 PM

You ladies are some of the most generous bunch I've had the pleasure to "meet" online! Thank you so much for these lottos. If I win I will go through my closet and find at least 10 articles of clothing to donate.

IloveDoris89 12-20-2012 08:53 PM

I entered your other lotto. like I said in the other one I am just starting out. Although i have acquired some pockets and a couple fitteds I only 3 covers and 2 I got for a dollar at the thrift store and they are not that great but I do have a bunch of prefolds and would like to use them more. I would really like to try wool but would never be able to buy out right, what I see people sell them used for on here is usually aorund 35 to 40 a piece and by the time that is in my budget my daughter will be out of diapers. :/

The act of kindness I would do is what I always do, donate what I do not need to someone that does. I strongly believe in karma and always try to return what has been done to me so I am always donating when my children out grow clothes and toys. I like to search the wanted ads on craiglist and help out people looking for simple belongings that I do not use anymore and I also use craigslist to post toys that I get rid of when I try to downsize, I usually donate what wasn't taken to the salvation army. I also belong to a parenting forum and have at times mailed moms in need baby clothes that my children have grown out of and I always keep an eye out for posts looking for help. I cant always afford to do it but when I can I always do. I don't always have the free time but when I do I also like to crochet newborn beanies to donate to my local hospitals maternity ward I usually only make a handful every couple of months but its fun for me too. If I had the patience to make blankets for them I would...maybe in the years to come lol when I dont have kids under the age of 5! Thank you for doing something so kind even if it does not go to me! Its nice to see acts of kindness like this!

mypeanut09 12-21-2012 06:49 AM

I would love to be entered. Love wool and can't afford it. I have a lotto I want to post but need to find the dipes. We just moved so I need to find the box they're in.

spcops05 12-21-2012 08:30 AM

I would love to enter.. My act of kindness would be posting a lotto of my own to pay it forward to the awesome DS community.

mammato2 12-23-2012 02:51 PM

I'd love to be entered :) I've always wanted some wool but it is most certainly not in the budget. I've been doing the 26 acts the last week and a half, I've cooked for a homeless shelter, donated a giant box of food and a 6 or so winter coats to the community food bank, made up boxes of Christmas gifts for kids that won't be getting great Christmas' this year , donated unused shoes if mine and my dd for soles for souls, and in honor of Charlotte Bacon from sandy hook ( an adorable little red head, like my dd, who loved pretty dresses) I donated a bunch of my dd's dresses to little girls at a battered woman's shelter.

newcdmommy29 12-23-2012 05:34 PM

I'd love to be entered. I'm currently on bed rest due to excruciating pain in my pelvis. My doctor is lost on what is wrong so wants me on bed rest until we can find relief. :/ I'm not able to do physical things but I have been getting my crochet stuff out and I'd love to crochet some toys or headbands for our friends who can't afford much for Their daughter. :)

Wapondi 12-23-2012 07:48 PM

MyPeanut09 is the winner!

Thanks, everyone!

NMN 01-01-2013 08:37 AM

I would love these especially the medium and/or large cover. I cannot afford wool.

I donated 40 happy babies food pouches I got from my baby shower to a crisis pregnancy center today. I take all my son's out grown clothing there.