Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I have an ovarian cyst and SAY WHAT?!?!?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1474269)

AtLeast 12-21-2012 11:49 AM

I went in for my yearly exam and talked to my dr about the possibility of cysts causing me so much pain around ovulation and such heavy periods. Se sent me over for a u/s since I am in the window of ovulation right now. I got a call this morning that the report was in and I indeed have a cyst on my R ovary and an early uterine pregnancy. 0_o

The tech asked me a few times if there was a chance of pregnancy, figuring it to be routine. Thinking back, she did say to make sure I test if I didn't start my period. My period isn't due for 3 weeks! I haven't even ovulated this month yet! So, I go back to my calender and I cannot figure out for the life of me when this could have occurred. Here are my dates:
Nov 9-16 Aunt Flo in the house
Nov 27 - Ovulated (L side)
Nov 28 and 30th - DTD
Dec 5 - DTD
Dec 6 - BFN
Dec 7-13 - Aunt Flo in the house (normal period)

What is your guess? The late November timing or the early December? I took a test after the phone call and it is stark white. Wouldn't it show a positive by now? I have to go in for blood work this afternoon per the doc.

I told DH and he is less than excited. He's not upset, just nervous. It's our 16th anniversary today. What a surprise gift!

Yarnjess 12-21-2012 12:32 PM

Re: I have an ovarian cyst and SAY WHAT?!?!?!

I would say Nov 28. Eggs are viable for 12-24 hours after ovulation. Unless you DTD prior to ovulation and didn't list it. Sperm can survive for up to 5 days in fertile quality cervical fluid. It's possible that your body doesn't produce large amounts of HCG, which is what pregnancy tests test for. I've heard of women who don't get a positive HPT until several months pregnant. Congratulations!

AtLeast 12-21-2012 12:39 PM

Those are the dates I was thinking too, but this is my 9th pregnancy and so far, I have gotten bfps at 9-12dpo. I would be well past that by now. :headscratch:

I guess we'll see what the blood test says. Crazy.

evasimone 12-21-2012 12:43 PM

I'd guess November 28th is the culprit. Congratulations!

ashley84 12-21-2012 12:48 PM

I don't mean to sound like a Debbie Downer her, but I would ask for a second ultrasound. You should be testing positive if they can see it on an ultrasound. Is it possible that you could have miscarried early without knowing you were pregnant on your last cycle? Perhaps they were seeing the remains of a loss. I hope the best for you, either way. GL, mama! :hugs:

stevensmom 12-21-2012 12:49 PM

I think only mulitple HCG blood tests will confirm. If they are doubling every 48hrs then yep your eggo is preggo

AtLeast 12-21-2012 12:50 PM

Yes, I'm wondering that too. It wouldn't surprise me if I did have an early mc. I'm waiting for a call from my doctor to discuss the report. Hopefully that will shed some light. I'm still not totally convinced!

Rdesonia 12-21-2012 12:54 PM

Have you taken a pee test yet since you got the news?

AtLeast 12-21-2012 01:05 PM

Yep, took an Internet cheapie that expired in Oct. All I had on hand, stark white.

mommypockets 12-21-2012 01:50 PM

If they are stark white, they are invalid. I had some like this when I was pregnant. New ones showed +