Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   TTC 30+ 12/21-1/4 come on holiday babies! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1474279)

beckstar 12-21-2012 12:31 PM

TTC 30+ 12/21-1/4 come on holiday babies!

:welcome:

This group is designed for those of us over 30 yrs of age. We have a different TTC journey than our younger counterparts & many of us encounter challenges along the way to our coveted BFP. We invite all to join us as we offer advice, support & encouragement to each other through these challenges, as well as celebrating those joyful BFPs.
:bliss:

While this thread is not necessarily labeled as a "struggling TTC" thread, we do ask that if you choose to join us that you remain mindful of the challenges that many of our members are experiencing when posting about BFPs. We are excited to celebrate everyone's BFP, though it can often be a sensitive issue for those for whom it has not been so easy. :goodvibes:

We :wub: hearing from our graduates & hope you are having a HH9M!!! But we ask that you please take the time to catch up on posts, taking note of current losses before posting your pregnancy updates. If any of our sweet mommas are experiencing a loss in the current thread, please consider posting your updates at a different time. :goodvibes:

I'll try to update your status daily, but let me know if I missed you! If I don't hear from you for a few weeks I'll take you off the list. Just post with an update to be re-added. :thumbsup:

Question of the week: favorite cloth diapers? if you do not CD, favorite place to buy children's clothes.

Anyone can answer the question! And if you have suggestions for the QOTW send me a PM. :)

In RED, tell me:
Your handle (and your name and/or age if you'd like)
Where you are in your cycle or if you're waiting for AF to return
Whether you are actively TTC or waiting right now.
**I will look for a change in your status in red throughout the week.**

:headscratch: NEED UPDATES :headscratch:
c&w's mama age 36
sasra_nu (Sarah) age 32
geetabean (Gina) age 32
Slyfox (Robin) age 40
momto2princesses (Kirra) age 33

:waiting: WAITING TO O :waiting:
puppydog age 31
tedcgh (Tiffany) age 30
Mamatoabunch (Annabelle) age 39
JCPACandMommy (Carissa) age 31
carriek38 (Carrie) age 34
NewbieSAHM (Amber) age 31
JuniperVT (Kaitlyn) age 32

:pray: :babydust: TWO WEEK WAIT :babydust: :pray:
ankc age 35
Ktmelody (Katie) age 31
MyGloryLife (Minda) age 33
sweetgrace (Tawny) age 35
katiecornflakes (Kate) age 31
photocat (Cat) age 39
pumpkinseeds age 33
TonyKariTony (Karina) age 33

:goodvibes: NTNP :goodvibes:
Augusthope (Rachel) age 31
Craftin'Diva (Jeri) age 31
sydjackmom (Laura)
Rachelrhin0 (30)
HeatherMac603 (Heather) age 30
cormama (Corinne) age 35
Maddalena (April) age 37
fishingfor5 (Tori) age 41

:cheer: CHEERLEADERS :cheer:
beckstar (Becky) age 37
kricket24 (Kristen) age 30
Kap7270 (Kristin) age 35
newmommy13 (Ingrid) age 31
Mirnavela (Monika) age 30
Layney82 age 30
Bee21 age 30
tandiwe76 age 35
pnutandmunchkin

:preggo: GRADUATES :preggo:
craigwick (Heidi) age 32
shastalocke (Shasta) age 33 EDD 12/05/12
My2sweets age 31 EDD 12/21/12
Harmony96 (Andrea) age 33 EDD 12/27/12
american_mommy (Tammy) age 35 EDD 1/24/13
cristy_1996 age 33 EDD 1/24/13
newtocloth2 (Andrea) age 31 EDD 2/10/13
My_Tree_Grows age 30 EDD 2/13/13
yellowdog (Amanda) age 37 EDD 3/1/13
TS8213 (Trace) age 31 EDD 3/7/13
Christylkeller (Christy) age 36 EDD 3/15/13
hcokasil (Lisa) age 32 EDD 3/15/13
amb2j (April) age 30 EDD 3/10/13
amcess721 (Andrea) age 31 EDD 3/25/13
rverrone (Rina) age 33 EDD 4/5/13
Sylvie89 (Kaycie) age 37 EDD 5/1/13
adensmom (Latisa) age 36 EDD 5/27/13
Elsie Cayare (Lindsey) age 30 EDD 6/2/13
babygirls2 (Kim) age 31 EDD 6/4/13
txmommytobe age34 EDD 6/6/13
willownz (Helen) age 32 EDD 6/12/13
812ajack (Alicia) age 35 EDD 6/12/13
Leaner age 34 EDD 6/24/13
SpartyGuard (Sarah) age 32 EDD 6/25/13
love4leon (Rebecca) age 37
mvp529 (Misty) age 35 EDD 8/3/13
ardeur (Jessie) age 30 EDD 8/2/13
leviandgarettsmom (Deanna) age 40 EDD 7/21/13

Click here to see common acronyms used in this thread.

ktmelody 12-21-2012 12:42 PM

Sorry, I have been Mia.

I am waiting to O. Should be this week. Fx!!

carriek38 12-21-2012 01:30 PM

Re: TTC 30+ 12/21-1/4 come on holiday babies!

:wave: I realized I never updated after my birthday my age is 34 now :cry:

I had my first appt, everything looked okay, & I started my meds again last night. It's the exact same protocol as I had for my IUIs, so that's comforting. I go back again Christmas Eve & then I'll be doing monitoring every other or every third day until retrieval. It is a little easier now, since DP can drop DD off at DC before work, which means I can be a little more flexible w/ appts, even though it will still take me an hour to get from the RE's to work. And DP's doing job applications & interviews, so fx that she gets something that pays $$$. Don't get me wrong, she can stay a teacher forever & I won't care, but if she's going to take a new job, I hope it means more money too, KWIM?

QOTW: I always went back to PFs w/ DD, but I didn't have a favorite brand or anything...though I did like the Imagine covers. But I have a special love for Kiwi Pie fitteds. They were the only dipes that truly fit DD from about 4 mos through PTing, they were very absorbent, & they weren't a velour texture (our hard water ruins velour). To re-stash for a new baby, those would definitely be a thought.

katiecornflakes 12-21-2012 02:32 PM

Still here, too!

Katie - GL! Hope you catch that egg this week!

Carrie - Sounds like everything is in line for you guys. I hope this does it for you. FX for DP's new job opportunities!

QOTW: I have tried so many brands over the years and these days I find myself reaching for the Grovias most often. I got so tired of stuffing pockets (although we still have a bunch that I use a lot) and I do like Softbums but I feel they haven't held up as well as the Grovia. I'll definitely go for a bunch of those if we have another LO.

AFM - So hoping I've ov'ing today! This is when I'm bummed I'm not temping, since I can't confirm ov. But oh well. I'll see if my cervix drops over the next day or 2. This LH surge coordinated with my lunar fertile time this month, so hopefully that means it'll be a strong ov. FX. This lunar month is boy for me, which is fine. I'd love another girl but I just want a baby, really, so I'm ok with it! We shall see. I'm going to try to hold out testing until 1/1, which would be 11 DPO if I ov today or 10 if it's tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be good news for the new year!

pumpkinseeds 12-21-2012 04:17 PM

Question of the week: favorite cloth diapers? if you do not CD, favorite place to buy children's clothes. - Dream-Eze AIOs were my favorite with my last. Hoping this next one will be the same, because Ive been slowly building a stash of them :giggle: I like to buy kids clothes at Gap and The Childrens Place. For baby stuff, I like Carters.

beckstar 12-21-2012 05:30 PM

im only on cd9 but feeling crampy and pinchy...tho for some reason i think this is usual for me...and i dont ovulate until cd17 or so...we dtd today, but hubs asked what cd it was so we were safe...now he knows and i dont know if i can convince him to give me the christmas present i want...lol. maybe i can get him into the spirit...

as for the qotw: i really love goodmamas...but now i sew my own and make a pretty great OS fitted...so i wont buy any more diaper from anyone else. :)

Maddalena 12-21-2012 07:30 PM

Fuzzibunz. Hubby likes them best and they wear so well.

I'm 8 dpo and it's been a crazy cycle. I'm hopeful for cycle 22.

craigwick 12-21-2012 07:42 PM

CD45 now...so apparently I am in the 3-4 week wait ;), but will be picking up a test tomorrow. I'm fairly convinced it will be +ve as the only other time I have had a cycle this long was the 2nd cycle after AF came back when I stoppe BF DD2. Boobs are crazy painful (like I want to cry!) and felt nauseous today at work! Yipee! Bring it on!

QOTW: I've only ever CD'ed a toddler/preschooler so I loved pockets (fuzzibunz) because I wasn't changing all the time like a newborn...I have a feeling in that case I might not feel the love.

tedcgh 12-21-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carriek38
:wave: I realized I never updated after my birthday my age is 34 now :cry:

I had my first appt, everything looked okay, & I started my meds again last night. It's the exact same protocol as I had for my IUIs, so that's comforting. I go back again Christmas Eve & then I'll be doing monitoring every other or every third day until retrieval. It is a little easier now, since DP can drop DD off at DC before work, which means I can be a little more flexible w/ appts, even though it will still take me an hour to get from the RE's to work. And DP's doing job applications & interviews, so fx that she gets something that pays $$$. Don't get me wrong, she can stay a teacher forever & I won't care, but if she's going to take a new job, I hope it means more money too, KWIM?

Sounds like you have some exciting days coming up. I hope the new year and this cycle brings DD her sibling! GL for the job search too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiecornflakes
Still here, too!

AFM - So hoping I've ov'ing today! This is when I'm bummed I'm not temping, since I can't confirm ov. But oh well. I'll see if my cervix drops over the next day or 2. This LH surge coordinated with my lunar fertile time this month, so hopefully that means it'll be a strong ov. FX. This lunar month is boy for me, which is fine. I'd love another girl but I just want a baby, really, so I'm ok with it! We shall see. I'm going to try to hold out testing until 1/1, which would be 11 DPO if I ov today or 10 if it's tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be good news for the new year!

Can't wait to the first! How do you find out your lunar fertile time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by beckstar
im only on cd9 but feeling crampy and pinchy...tho for some reason i think this is usual for me...and i dont ovulate until cd17 or so...we dtd today, but hubs asked what cd it was so we were safe...now he knows and i dont know if i can convince him to give me the christmas present i want...lol. maybe i can get him into the spirit...

as for the qotw: i really love goodmamas...but now i sew my own and make a pretty great OS fitted...so i wont buy any more diaper from anyone else. :)

That stinks that your DH is being nosey about your cycle.
I have tried sewing diapers. I always hate them. I can sew lots of things, but diapers have eluded me. I am a little jealous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigwick
CD45 now...so apparently I am in the 3-4 week wait ;), but will be picking up a test tomorrow. I'm fairly convinced it will be +ve as the only other time I have had a cycle this long was the 2nd cycle after AF came back when I stoppe BF DD2. Boobs are crazy painful (like I want to cry!) and felt nauseous today at work! Yipee! Bring it on!.

Sounding promising. I guess you are out of town tomorrow that you are picking up some tests? Hoping your intuition is right and we get to see a bfp!

AFM: CD 35. Cramping like crazy and my temp was down this morning so I will be shocked if AF doesn't appear tomorrow. We are out of town for our second family Christmas. I left the tests and my babycomp at home. I just figured it was inevitable that CD1 will be here while we are gone.

QOTW: For daytime I have an assortment of Sunbaby diapers and Gro Via Hybrids. Now that DS is pushing 30lbs we added a few Alva diapers. I used to love my Gro Vias a lot more, but they are starting to wear out and will need the elastic replaced soon. For night time we use BG 3.0s (they are 4 years old, my originals) with Flip organic and a hemp insert on DS. DD still wets at night so she uses Ladder Hill designs Overnight Solutions. They have been a life saver for us. DD can still feel like a big kid but have added protection at night. So far she isn't even embarrassed for her friends to see them.

katiecornflakes 12-21-2012 09:01 PM

Yay, Heidi! Can't wait for tomorrow! Definitely sounds like you're cooking #3 over there. :D

Tiffany, I got a year-long lunar fertility chart from Kimmie a couple of months back. Don't know if it will actually make a difference in anything but it's interesting and I figured it couldn't hurt! Wonder if the fact that I'm on my lunar and regular ovulation at the same time increases the chances of twins? Should look into that I guess. :blush: That would be nuts!

Lots of holiday babydust to everyone!