Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Treating Yeast During Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1474352)

MDever 12-21-2012 06:09 PM

Treating Yeast During Pregnancy

I have pneumonia which meant I had to go on strong antibiotics. Now I have yeast coming on:banghead: I usually take grapefruit seed extract tablets orally as well as frequent rinses with diluted GSE in a peri-bottle. Are these safe during pregnancy? Anybody use them? Can you use monostat type stuff? I am 32 weeks if that matters. Please help:goodvibes: My office is closed through Tuesday and I want to nip this in the bud.

lynn97 12-21-2012 06:20 PM

I know the kits are supposed to be safe. No idea re: the GSE but I would think so. Hopefully someone can chime in on that. Get to feeling better, mama!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

MDever 12-21-2012 06:56 PM

Re: Treating Yeast During Pregnancy

Thanks lynn97 it is good to know that I can use the miconozole if I need to.

Mom2Connor 12-22-2012 06:38 AM

Yes, you can use the monistat.

EmilyA874 12-22-2012 07:01 AM

I've used the GSE to treat yeast this pregnancy. My doc said it was fine and it works much better and more quickly than the monistat does for me. Hope that helps and you get some relief quickly!

MDever 12-22-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilyA874 (Post 16070375)
I've used the GSE to treat yeast this pregnancy. My doc said it was fine and it works much better and more quickly than the monistat does for me. Hope that helps and you get some relief quickly!

Did you take it orally or apply it directly?

Mummandherboys 12-22-2012 10:37 AM

This is a great question Mama...I have been wondering if there are other safe/effective ways to treat yeast infections since I have been getting them this pregnancy but very rarely before now. I have GSE...would love to know how to use it for this if needed...thank you!

snoggle 12-22-2012 10:48 PM

Yes, Monistat is very safe. I had to use it about once a month for the first 5 months of pregnancy (hormone changes of pregnancy made me yeast prone, as did fertility drugs!). I found that the 7 day works a lot better than the 3 day. Also, the 3 day treatment caused my cervix to bleed a little bit - which made me panic!

I would also recommend using the 7 day cream longer than the 7 days if you are still finishing up the antibiotics. I would use it the entire time you're on antibiotics and for 7 days after you are done with them.

raisingcropsandbabies 12-23-2012 03:17 AM

This sounds weird but worked like a charm for my dd who had a yeast infection. Plain, organic yogurt spread on the yeast infection! Hers went from raw, bleeding (first girl and took me forever to realize it wasn't a diaper rash) to all cleared up in 2 days! Her pediatrician recommended it and I'm so thankful! Definitely be breaking out those post-partum pads if you do it this way though!

mommycass 12-23-2012 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies (Post 16072662)
This sounds weird but worked like a charm for my dd who had a yeast infection. Plain, organic yogurt spread on the yeast infection! Hers went from raw, bleeding (first girl and took me forever to realize it wasn't a diaper rash) to all cleared up in 2 days! Her pediatrician recommended it and I'm so thankful! Definitely be breaking out those post-partum pads if you do it this way though!

How often do you apply the yogurt?