Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Help - TTC, misscarrying and low progesterone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1474383)

misscrazO 12-21-2012 09:32 PM

Help - TTC, misscarrying and low progesterone

After TTC for months and months and months. I gave up trying in October and even came to a decision that I was done. Low and Behold I got a BFP on November 10th. I was so happy! I couldn't get into see my regular OB so I saw my perinatolgist. I had some brown spotting that is why I wanted to get in ASAP as I had a loss in January. Well Nov 29th he did an ultrasound and saw 2 sacs but they were measuring 4 weeks and they should of been 7 or so.
The next day I started actively miscarrying :(

The results came back and my progesterone as 2.7 I was only told that it was low. I was just goign to close up shop as it is too hard to keep goign through this. I have been thinking though and I may wan tto TTC again but now I don't know what i should be doing? Is there a reason for low progesterone? Should I be on supplements while ttc or only if I get a BFP? How long should I wait to ttc?

I hope this is the right place to ask these questions.

TwistedBranches 12-21-2012 10:03 PM

Re: Help - TTC, misscarrying and low progesterone

My best friend had low progesterone and a lutal phase defect. She kept pretty intense charting of her cycles and temperatures, and that's how she figured it out.

Anyway, she had a series of miscarriages due to low progesterone and the lutal phase defect. She got a BFP in August and her doctor REFUSED to put her on progesterone! She even showed her charts for the past year, including the miscarriages. She found a new doctor who perscribed her progesterone. She held this pregnancy. :)

She took Vitex to help with progesterone levels naturally. You may want to do some research on it. If you are TTC it also helps to be on a good pre-natal vitamin and fish oil (or some other with omega-3 fatty acids in it). Also, B6 helps, as do green leafy veggies. :)

I would say to check out the Taking Charge of Your Fertility book or website if you haven't yet and start charting-- you may have a lutal phase defect. Charting and temping will help you pinpoint where the problem may be, and the solution may be as simple as progesterone cream or supplement.

You are not alone! :hugs:

misscrazO 12-22-2012 12:51 PM

Thank you for answering. I guess my first step would to be starting charting. I have looked into doing it before but it seemed so complicated. I am adding luteal phase defect to the things I need to research. I wonder if it can just happen out of the blue. I will start colelctin those vitamins now.

I am still not 100% sure I want to try again.. I mean in my heart I want too but I don't think I can handle another loss. :( I am not getting any younger either. I just turned 39 and wanted to haev my last by 40. I wish my twins would of stuck. :(

RunawayBunny 12-22-2012 04:51 PM

I am sorry for your losses, mama. The thing about low progesterone, it could have been low because you were miscarrying instead of the cause of the miscarriage. I would definitely start charting to see if you have an LP defect. In the case of an LP defect using progesterone does help, but there are mixed feelings about whether is actually helps in other cases. My current OB will only prescribe it for an LP defect or fertility cases.

Pixi6s 12-22-2012 05:37 PM

I think I have low progesterone due to symptoms but haven't been testing. I started myself on the omega 3-6-9 supplement to help regular hormones. If this doesn't help I may try vitex, but i would get myself tested first.