Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Basically it's the weekend!...(only a few days to go!!!) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1474399)

~whitehologram~ 12-22-2012 12:16 AM

Basically it's the weekend!...(only a few days to go!!!)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1305616431

We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

~whitehologram~ 12-22-2012 12:21 AM

Re: Basically it's the weekend!...(only a few days to go!!!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16069107)
Mmmm love balsamic and evoo. Bummer you dont Janine.

Home. Had an epically long shower. Now a laze in bed while MH and Jerry eat chinese and watch movies.

Never so happy for a Friday! Left my coat at school so we will have to go back for that tomorrow.

It's ok, I know everyone has different tastes. It's nice that he gave gifts. He said that it was to thank me for all the hard work through the year and he wishes me and my family a happy Christmas. I only just managed to hold it together.

Yummy :yummy:

Shame about the coat........silly question but is anyone keeping an eye on the school over the break? I only wondered because did someone break in last Christmas break?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16069564)
Dude my little nap became a 3 hour coma. Got up, drank a gallon of water, got MH to pick up. Cleaned the kitchen, got everyone in jammies, and am back in bed with MH for bed. Apparently this week was a bit more physically/emotionally exhausting than I thought. Tomorrow will be brighter.

I hope you can get some good rest over the break. I know you work really hard and long hours. :hugs:

This week has been hard...but you're right, everyday is new and it does look brighter :)

~whitehologram~ 12-22-2012 12:30 AM

The girls went downstairs before Fynn and I woke up (but they didn't trash their room and only stole the cheese and onion pringles which I hate so I dont mind) at 7:30am....Lovely!

Now my Butterfly mug has caught the last-sip-sickness too. I keep going to have another sip of my drink and finding the cup empty.

Fynn is showing me new things he can do everyday. This morning he said "Seben" (seven)....Seven what I asked him. "Seben Stars!"

And I looked on my computer screen and there really are seven stars that he could see from the sofa (there are eight in the picture but he couldn't have seen the last one as it wasn't lit up)

That's the picture I have on my computer.

jwjbbrown 12-22-2012 05:45 AM

That is great Janine.

I slept like a log. It was good.

The tribal police will do extra drive bys for security but nope there is no money for security. It is a risk we take every break. We lock up the equipment the best we can, hope for the best, and deal with the fallout after. It was 2 years ago we had the break-in.

lemurmommies 12-22-2012 06:17 AM

:wave:

We are going to brave the weather and hit the road to Quebec today. Hoping to leave in about an hour and a half. It is very very windy here, but not longer snowing.

Janine, I just got copper highlights put in. So it is subtle, tone-on-tone. I really like it, but don't have any pics at the moment.

E passed his belt test, so that is exciting too!

Okay, gotta go help get ready.

jwjbbrown 12-22-2012 06:41 AM

Safe journey Mel, Ru, E

We are headed out for errands before it gets too crazy. Then Home so I can clean.

~whitehologram~ 12-22-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16070255)
That is great Janine.

I slept like a log. It was good.

The tribal police will do extra drive bys for security but nope there is no money for security. It is a risk we take every break. We lock up the equipment the best we can, hope for the best, and deal with the fallout after. It was 2 years ago we had the break-in.

I'm glad you slept well. :)

Ahh I forgot...it's like you say, We can only do our best and prepare for the worst but living life as normally as possible despite the worries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurmommies (Post 16070293)
:wave:

We are going to brave the weather and hit the road to Quebec today. Hoping to leave in about an hour and a half. It is very very windy here, but not longer snowing.

Janine, I just got copper highlights put in. So it is subtle, tone-on-tone. I really like it, but don't have any pics at the moment.

E passed his belt test, so that is exciting too!

Okay, gotta go help get ready.

I bet it looks lovely!

Well done E!!!!

Travel safe Mel, Ru, and E :hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16070345)
Safe journey Mel, Ru, E

We are headed out for errands before it gets too crazy. Then Home so I can clean.

I hope the errands go well....Heiner is out doing a little last minute shopping for us too. Fynn is with him and messing him about a little.

~whitehologram~ 12-22-2012 08:56 AM

Heiner is an odd bunny.

He phones to ask me if I want a kettle (IN Aldi...it has a thing that you can set the temp of the water)
...and then to ask if I want a new thermo gravy server (we have one but it's too small to serve everyone)
...and then to ask if I want some mixing bowls, stainless steel with a rubber base for nonslip. I saw them at work yesterday and wanted to get some but my account is blank after all the Christmas and birthday shopping. So he's getting them too. I'll be able to get rid of all the plastic bowls we've been using for years and years.

:yay:

YES!

~whitehologram~ 12-22-2012 08:59 AM

Now I'm knitting a Chunkeanie for my MIL quickly in Noro (purples/pinks)...I knit her a hat years ago for her to wear to her mother's funeral. It was really cold and she didn't have anything dark at the time.

I hadn't even thought about it but she mentioned it when I asked her what she'd like for Christmas......she said she doesn't want to see it ever again. I felt so sad. I understand why but I felt bad that I hadn't thought of it sooner.

It should be done in time. It's on 6mm needles.

~whitehologram~ 12-22-2012 09:03 AM

Ru...how are you?

I haven't seen you here much recently. I hope you're feeling better after your bug/flu.