Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I love my convection oven! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1474439)

kimb96 12-22-2012 10:37 AM

I love my convection oven!

Dh was right. We remodeled the kitchen this summer and I did not want a convection oven. I didn't think I'd use it and it was so much more expensive than a regular oven. I just baked 6 dozen sugar cookies in less than 30 minutes thanks to the convection oven! I used 3 trays at a time in the oven and all the cookies turned out perfect.

Resellmybelle 12-22-2012 10:41 AM

Re: I love my convection oven!

They are awesome! I cook everything on convection. I have a double oven with the top only being convection and the bottom is conventional. I use the bottom for storage or just for keeping things warm during the holidays when space gets tight in the oven.

~happy2Bamommy~ 12-22-2012 11:11 AM

Our Lowes has a double oven on clearance. I love it.I want it.

It was around $3,800 normally and is now marked more than 1/2 off.
I've been debating it for about two weeks.
The Cobalt blue inner speaks to me :giggle:

Hungry Caterpillar 12-22-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ (Post 16070968)
Our Lowes has a double oven on clearance. I love it.I want it.

It was around $3,800 normally and is now marked more than 1/2 off.
I've been debating it for about two weeks.
The Cobalt blue inner speaks to me :giggle:

My convection oven has a cobalt blue inner. It called me from the aisle over when we were nearly purchasing another one. "Andrea! Andreaaaaa"

I was weak.

Rockinmama24 12-22-2012 12:11 PM

I love my convection oven.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Minniebees 12-22-2012 12:27 PM

We've lived in a couple of houses with them, and they are great. I was really happy that this house had one as well. Just wait until you make pizza. :)

Tiffanylamp 12-22-2012 01:36 PM

I FINALLY got a new oven, so I am in heaven that the temperature is accurate and things cook all the way through (not just burn on the bottom). Well, we splurged and it is also a convection and I agree, I LOVE it! cookies bake evenly and perfectly!

danielle 12-22-2012 03:11 PM

Try a roast chicken. Does yours have a probe? Easiest, most delicious roast chicken EVER!!

Fairycat 12-22-2012 04:21 PM

I wonder why ours stinks so bad? I hate ours :( It doesn't cook evenly and I have the worst time adjusting some recipes. I wish I loved ours :(

kimb96 12-22-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danner (Post 16071447)
Try a roast chicken. Does yours have a probe? Easiest, most delicious roast chicken EVER!!

It does have the probe but I haven't used it yet. I need to get out the directions for it. We love roast chicken!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairycat (Post 16071603)
I wonder why ours stinks so bad? I hate ours :( It doesn't cook evenly and I have the worst time adjusting some recipes. I wish I loved ours :(

Mine automatically adjusts the temperature. I punch in the temperature according to the recipe and the oven automatically converts it to the correct temperature. Is yours an older model? This is one of the reasons I didn't want one. I had heard they were difficult to adjust temperature wise for recipes and didn't cook evenly. I guess technology has gotten better because I am so impressed with how well it worked today. I was dreading making cookies because it's usually several hours doing it one tray at a time.