Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   My big pregnant Christmas rant (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1474440)

penelope picklebottom 12-22-2012 10:42 AM

My big pregnant Christmas rant

I'm sorry for being the crabby girl at Christmas but I need to vent here so I don't snap at my family. I am 40 weeks pregnant, my official due date is tomorrow. My family has been sick with the flu since last Friday and I spent a good part of last week scrubbing "accidents" off the floor. I was admitted to the hospital for 24 hours for dehydration and vomiting and just came home last night to a sick husband, a disaster of a house, no ornaments on the tree, no presents wrapped. DH went back to work today so I am on my own. My dad and stepmom have what I would politely call a difficult relationship with my sister and are constantly putting me in the middle and have decided to step it up this holiday season so I am being bombarded with phone calls and petty arguments. My kids will not stop arguing. My extended family will not leave me alone. They are constantly calling and messaging me to see if I am in labor yet. Tomorrow is also my husbands birthday so everyone thinks it would be so great if I have the baby tomorrow. Never mind that I have explained multiple times that A) the baby will come when it's ready B) I'd rather not have the baby 2 days before Christmas when I have 2 older children and C) We are not completely over the flu yet. They think I should be induced so DH can have his "Birthday baby" This morning my MIL sent me a message asking if we are coming to her house on Christmas day. We have made it clear since early in the pregnancy that would not be happening this year. They are 2+ hours away from the hospital and 1-1/2 hours away from our home. And that's in good weather. When I told her no this morning she acted surprised and disappointed. I invited them here but her response was she would not want to intrude. REALLY? I'm thinking of turning off my phone and ignoring all of my extended family until New Years. I get that they are excited about the baby, I get that it's Christmas. I'm trying to be nice and not get so annoyed with them, but honestly I'm about as ornery as a wounded grizzly bear right now and if they don't back off someone is going to get mauled. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. I really do love my family and am grateful I have them, they are just making me crazy right now and I can't snap at them at Christmas :banghead:

crunchymom2b 12-22-2012 10:50 AM

Re: My big pregnant Christmas rant

I'm sorry mama :-( I wouldn't think twice about turning off your phone, or at least answering with/making a message saying "I'm sorry but I am extremely busy getting christmas things ready, getting everyone over their flu, and trying to relax before baby comes. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Merry Christmas!" and leave it at that. You have no obligations to them.

Do you have anyone else that can come help you?

theonenonlymrssmith 12-22-2012 10:51 AM

Hang in there mama! No harm in turning off the phone. Just say you were hibernating!

cheezpoofs 12-22-2012 10:55 AM

You COULD turn off your phone if you want to, you know. I hope you all get well soon and have a good Christmas, even despite all the stress.

kaia.aline 12-22-2012 10:57 AM

I think you are completely justified in turning that phone off!!!

MommaLEB 12-22-2012 10:58 AM

Heck yeah, turn it off!

MommaLEB 12-22-2012 10:59 AM

DP

mommabritt 12-22-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchymom2b
I'm sorry mama :-( I wouldn't think twice about turning off your phone, or at least answering with/making a message saying "I'm sorry but I am extremely busy getting christmas things ready, getting everyone over their flu, and trying to relax before baby comes. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Merry Christmas!" and leave it at that. You have no obligations to them.

Do you have anyone else that can come help you?

This. Turn it off mama. Now is not the time for you to stress. :hugs:

Wish I was close to you. I'd bring you some meals, decorate your tree, and wrap up your gifts. Heck I'd even clean up after your kiddos for a bit. Sorry your not able to relax. :hugs:

Michelle_M 12-22-2012 11:03 AM

*hugs*

Baby number 2 and baby number 3 both came ON their due dates for me. For the full week prior my husband's family kept calling, texting and Facebooking asking if I've had that baby yet. I finally started saying "Yep, had him two days ago and just didn't feel like calling anyone."

I'm so sorry your family is being difficult. You know what I think you should do?

You should change your voice mail to say "If you are calling to find out if I had the baby yet, the answer is no. We'll let people know when that happens. If you are calling to ask me to play referee in some family drama, the answer is no. I'm too tired. If you're calling for any other reason, please leave a message and I'll get back to you when I can."

I'm so sorry your little family is sick. That blows. It's tough to have kids and be 40 weeks pregnant. It's SOOO tough to have a whole sick family while you're 40 weeks pregnant and sick yourself.

As for the Christmas tree.... meh, let it go. At least you have a tree, and an excuse to not decorate it. LOL I'm NOT pregnant and we didn't put the tree up this year. I was just too tired and had no motivation to do it. There is not a single Christmas decoration up in my house. LOL My only excuse is that I'm just too tired.

At least my gifts are wrapped though. LOL

:hugs:

God bless!

OHIOFIFI 12-22-2012 11:07 AM

Screen your calls, have DH deal with the in laws, unless it is life or death let your sister and father/stepmom put their big kid panties on and deal with it themselves for the rest of the holidays. Tell DH to get out the tape and scissors, you will be supervising the wrapping from the couch or recliner with your feet up. The last few days of the pregnancy are the WORST... add in the holidays, sick family, clueless inlaws and family drama and I probably already would have gone all grizzly. Try to rest and keeping my fingers crossed you don't have the baby until AFTER Christmas Day :)