Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Freaking Out (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1474649)

lynn97 12-23-2012 01:50 PM

Freaking Out

I'm still really early (7 weeks) but am freaking out. I started lightly spotting this morning. DH and I haven't DTD nor is there anything else that should have caused it (well, *TMI* I have been constipated). But the spotting is definitely vaginal. Given the timing, I will have to wait to call my doctor do any of you have advice? Should I be freaked out? I never spotted with DS so I'm pretty flipped out.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

evasimone 12-23-2012 02:04 PM

Re: Freaking Out

Are you having any cramping? I've always heard bleeding without cramping is okay and so is cramping without bleeding. It's when both occur you should worry.

I am sorry you are dealing with this right now, what rotten timing. :hugs:

twinpossible 12-23-2012 02:12 PM

With my last pregnancy I spotted with out cramping (but I did have back pain) and the baby had passed away BUT with this pregnancy I gushed red blood for 30 min. at 12 weeks and the baby was just fine (I am about 7 months preggo with that baby now). So all that to say that yes sometimes it ends in sadness but sometimes it is just an odd thing and the baby is fine. I would say if the bleeding gushes at any point go to the ER, if you are just spotting all you can really do is wait it out until the doc office opens after the holidays. No matter what give your doc or midwife a call or email to tell them what is going on. If you have a doc call the after hours cell number. In the meantime try to stay centered and meditate. Hugs mama, what rotten timing (not that there is EVER a good time!)

lynn97 12-23-2012 02:21 PM

No, there isn't any cramping. Thank you all for the reassurance. I will try to call my doctor's office tomorrow morning. Hopefully everything is fine. Sadly, we just announced the pregnancy this morning to all of my family :-(

chandni3 12-23-2012 03:43 PM

Spotting is common in pregnancy but your level on concern should depend on the colour and how heavy it is. I've heard that bright red bleeding in early pregnancy is 50/50 either way for miscarriage or the baby will be fine. Try to take it easy, relax and keep your feet up. If you can get in to see your doctor, it might be worth it for your peace of mind. There can be many many causes for bleeding. Don't feel bad that you told people. If it does turn out for the worst, it's sometimes nice to have their support, and it's often hard to loose a baby and no one even know you were pregnant. I hope everything is find and you have a strong, happy bean in there.

lynn97 12-26-2012 05:47 PM

So, my spotting eventually stopped but then it came back today. I have talked to my doctor's office twice and they keep saying that everything is probably fine since it is just brown and I don't have any pain. They say this isn't uncommon among women who have already been pregnant because of the extra blood vessels around the uterus and for me to try not to worry. Has anyone else had this happen numerous times?

twinpossible 12-26-2012 05:50 PM

Yes, with the pregnancy before this one and it was not good. I spotted off and on, only brown for a few days at a time. I do NOT want to scare you at all mama but that is the truth. I would go in and have them check for a heartbeat but that's just me. At least then you will not have to worry anymore.

lynn97 12-26-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinpossible
Yes, with the pregnancy before this one and it was not good. I spotted off and on, only brown for a few days at a time. I do NOT want to scare you at all mama but that is the truth. I would go in and have them check for a heartbeat but that's just me. At least then you will not have to worry anymore.

That's what I requested today but they want me to wait for my appointment next week. That feels like an eternity to me.

EmilytheStrange 12-26-2012 08:36 PM

This happened with DD and we went to the ER.

I spotted for several weeks with her. But no cramping.

Mommyto2B2G 12-26-2012 08:51 PM

I had a similar incident but mine was red. I went to the er and they checked and eased my mind. Turns out I just had a bleed on my uterus. I guess that would be a burst capillary? Are you throwing up alot or staining to go to the bathroom? First tri can cause a lot of constipation and even straining can cause you to bleed!