Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Basically it's Monday (Only one sleep to go!) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1474737)

~whitehologram~ 12-24-2012 01:20 AM

Basically it's Monday (Only one sleep to go!)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1305616431

We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

~whitehologram~ 12-24-2012 01:27 AM

Re: Basically it's Monday (Only one sleep to go!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16073775)
MH panicked yesterday that she had not talked to or written to Santa. I told her we had it covered that we had Santa's number and had sent him a text a few weeks ago(who needs the PO, when we have text). I would show her when she got out of the tubby. I then changed my Dad's number to Santa, added a Santa pic to his profile and sent him a text for Legos to which he quickly responded :giggle2: That is when she tried working on changing the list and I told her the whole Santa is busy trying to pack all those toys in the sleigh and he can only bring a child 2 toys at the most because there are soooooo many kids in the world.

Fun! I love that your dad played along. So cute, I'm sure she loved that her mum and dad have direct text contact with the real Santa!

Quote:

Originally Posted by redgirlsmama (Post 16073863)
My kids know that lists are suggestions, not a for sure thing.
I am happy to be home!

I should get them to ask for one single item to be from Santa and leave it at that. It'd be easier and I'd have more room to get other stuff without it being "Not on the list" and upsetting them.

But mostly I should probably just get over it. It's going to be fine. It's just one day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16074057)
Car issue was a bad cell in the battery. It was under warranty so replaced for free. Yippy.

MH is having fun playing. We are just being lazy.

That's good :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksmommy1 (Post 16074117)
Ours too jess. We are watching elf

We're watching Elf too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksmommy1 (Post 16074265)
well jack is now all congested boo mel i hear ya on the sickies

:hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16074432)
Here Kari. I bake them in a pan and I usually get about 15 from the recipe
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/ninety-...innamon-rolls/

Yum!

Do you think I could make them, put them in the fridge overnight, and bake in the morning?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16074643)
presents all wrapped.

:thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurmommies (Post 16074742)
Ours are too. Headed to bed now. Goodnight!

Sleep well Mel, Ru, and E.

~whitehologram~ 12-24-2012 01:30 AM

My Yule log tin arrived yesterday....odd, there is no post on a Sunday usually but I'm gad it got here.

I've found a recipe for Yellow cake mix online and I'm getting ready to make it. I thought we'd read about the yule log and have it this afternoon.

Hopefully I'll get time to make some gingerbread cookies too for Santa ;)

We have name stamps so the kids can put their names on the cookies they want to give to Santa...so he knows he got one from each of them.

~whitehologram~ 12-24-2012 03:52 AM

Bread is baking.
Yule log is baking too.

Shannon and Derry are up here eating nuts and fruit and watching the Grinch :wub:

~whitehologram~ 12-24-2012 03:55 AM

If the Yule log turns out nice and if I have time I'd like to make one for the neighbours too. They are very nice to my kids and I'd like to make them something. If it's no good I have some pumpkin out of the freezer to make muffins. I'm sure I'll make something edible.

~whitehologram~ 12-24-2012 05:18 AM

Ohhhh I have tummy ache again :(

I had it last night too...I never get tummy ache! :crying:

jwjbbrown 12-24-2012 06:09 AM

Sounds like a lovely morning Janine. Sorry about the tummy ache.

I am not sure on the rolls. My guess is that would work fine. I have just always made them in the morning since I am an early riser.

~whitehologram~ 12-24-2012 06:15 AM

I took some painkillers and it's letting up a bit now. I'm not sure what's going on. I never get a tummy ache. I have a belly of steel. This is just weird!

My neck/shoulder on the right is hurting too.

It's all very strange!

~whitehologram~ 12-24-2012 06:15 AM

Second Yule log is in the oven now.

jwjbbrown 12-24-2012 06:52 AM

I am up, enjoying the fire and a quiet house. I will head out in about 30 minutes to finish the last two presents I realized I needed and then get some bagels for breakfast for when everyone else gets up.

Jerry will head out around 8 to go get some tools he needs and then go the the junkyard to find a part for his Mom's car.