Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Anybody using Fertility Blend or Fertilaid? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1474955)

ProudCoastieWife 12-25-2012 06:29 PM

Anybody using Fertility Blend or Fertilaid?

We just started using these this month. I am on the fertility blend and my husband started fertilaid. We have been TTC for almost 22 months now and all tests came back ok, so we fall into the unexplained category. :banghead: We are now seeing an RE about an hour and a half away as that is the closest, and I am scheduled for a laparoscopy on Feb 5th. We did 3 rounds of clomid about 9 months ago and haven't used anything since then except prenatals. I am staying super positive as I feel our time is coming soon, but was wondering if anyone has had any luck with either of these vitamins? :goodvibes: TIA ladies!

katiecornflakes 12-25-2012 06:40 PM

Re: Anybody using Fertility Blend or Fertilaid?

I know the main ingredient in Fertilaid is vitex, which I'm a big fan of. I just bu that plus some of the other supplements in there, since it's cheaper. But I'm sure vitex helped me get pg both times. I also took maca when I was having issues conceiving my DD. I'm doing both again now, so hopefully it will help again.

Hugs and babydust to you!

ProudCoastieWife 12-25-2012 06:47 PM

I've seen alot of talk about maca...what form is it in? Thanks and baby dust back at ya!!!!!

katiecornflakes 12-25-2012 07:29 PM

A lot of people think its best to eat it so I used to dissolve it in water and just chug it. Some people make smoothies. A lot of people don't think it tastes too bad but I think it's completely vile!!! So this time I'm taking capsules. Just make sure it's organic so you don't get any added metals, etc. I figure if we don't get pg for a while I'll go back to the powder but man, I can't stand the stuff! Part of how I knew I was pg last time was that I was in the TWW and very nearly vomited it all up after drinking it!

trying4more 12-25-2012 11:12 PM

Maca is nasty. I never took it long enough to know if it helped with my long cycles or not.
I'm currently taking pre-conception tea and vitex in the morning, on an empty stomach (no issues so far).

ProudCoastieWife 12-26-2012 07:47 AM

Ya I've also been drinking Raspberry Leaf Tea leading up to ovulation...started drinking grapefruit juice as well starting on Monday, so hoping that helps too! Good lord, what else can I try!? LOL Best of luck!