Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Was your ultrasound correct? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1475087)

jessicanashville 12-26-2012 12:05 PM

Was your ultrasound correct?

I had a really early ultrasound at 15 weeks because I was bleeding.
The tech said she probably wouldn't be able to tell gender but a couple minutes in said it was a boy. I just feel like it's a girl! All the old wives tales, the Chinese calendar predictor, the way I am carrying, my pregnancy symptoms all say GIRL.

So my question is: was your ultrasound right or wrong regarding gender (assuming you found out) my second question is how far along were you if they were wrong? Just curious :goodvibes:

thoennes6 12-26-2012 12:09 PM

Re: Was your ultrasound correct?

All of mine were correct. My ultra sound tech at my ob's office wouldn't tell us if she wasn't sure.

MyM&W 12-26-2012 12:11 PM

Mine were both right, but mine were 18-20 weeks. Big difference in time lol

mommajewels 12-26-2012 12:59 PM

I've found out with all 6 of my LO's between 15 & 20 weeks. (Although I had a perinatologist tell me the gender of 3 of my kids at my 13wk NT scan, and he was right as well.. but we were cautious & didn't start shopping until a 2nd u/s comfirmed a few weeks later.) I've never been told wrong. I'm pregnant with baby #6 right now and have had numerous ultrasounds for various reasons. In all of them, it's obvious she is indeed a girl.

my2sweets 12-26-2012 01:28 PM

The girls u/s were right-about 20wks. Ds was right as well-13wks5days but he was spread eagle and actually grabbed it and we watched it wiggle :giggle2:

homebirthmom 12-26-2012 01:50 PM

can you post a pic? I have read many US and may be able to tell you. a side pic and a under shot is good but a side body shot is a must at this age.

oregonmom 12-26-2012 01:52 PM

I have never had them try to tell at an ultrasound that early, but all three of my boys we were told they were boys. They claim that this one is going to be a girl. I hope they are right since I have been stocking up on cute girl stuff from thrift stores.

keen1981 12-26-2012 01:52 PM

20 weeks boy correct
20 weeks boy correct
14 weeks boy correct/ he was clearly playing with a penis during the ultrasound

madebymommy 12-26-2012 01:59 PM

My first baby's u/s was 18 weeks, girl and it was correct
my second baby's u/s was 19 weeks, and obviously a boy to everyone in the room, haha!
my last baby's u/s was at 15 weeks, I'd been in a really bad car accident and they were checking to make sure she was okay. The u/s said she was a girl, and it was later confirmed at a 22 week u/s and it was correct!

madebymommy 12-26-2012 01:59 PM

My first baby's u/s was 18 weeks, girl and it was correct
my second baby's u/s was 19 weeks, and obviously a boy to everyone in the room, haha!
my last baby's u/s was at 15 weeks, I'd been in a really bad car accident and they were checking to make sure she was okay. The u/s said she was a girl, and it was later confirmed at a 22 week u/s and it was correct!