Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Pregnancy after csection (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1475333)

silverstar91579 12-27-2012 11:44 AM

Pregnancy after csection

I was wondering if anyone started trying to get pregnant 6 months after a csection I just had my 3rd c section 5 months ago I waited 3 yrs between the others but really want just 1 more and would like these babies closer together any good or bad stories from others would be appreciated weather planned or not

sisu 12-27-2012 12:20 PM

Re: Pregnancy after csection

We stopped avoiding about 6 months after my son was born via c/s, and I got pregnant when he was 9 months old. Easy pregnancy, I went to 41+ weeks with no problems. :) That was after just one c/s though, I don't know how much the risks increase after multiples.

canadianbakers 12-27-2012 12:53 PM

I've only had one c-sec, and didn't TTC until he was 2yrs old. But my friend had a pregnancy 9 months after her 3rd c-sec. A girl I have chatted with had a VBAC only 11 months after her c-sec, so she would have gotten pregnant within a couple months of the c-sec (the VBAC baby was past 43 weeks, IIRC). A girl I used to know well had c-secs 13 months apart, so she was 4 months pp when she got pregnant.

The risks of rupture with VBACs decrease with 15 months between births (with the actual # being very low anyways). That may not be what you're looking at for #s - it sounds like you've had more than a couple c-secs? But if the rate decreases after 15 months, and that's with the uterus going through labor, I would assume that for just going through pregnancy, you're safe to go!
Obviously, if there were extenuating circumstances, something different with your incision or some complication with your surgery or health, that would play into things, too - but under normal circumstances, I would go for it!

raisingcropsandbabies 12-27-2012 01:12 PM

My c-section kiddos are 19 months apart and then 16 months apart. (2,3, and 4th kids). My doc mentioned how he recommends at least waiting 6 months to get pregnant again after c-sections, but that was just his opinion. I got pregnant and then miscarried twice after my 2nd child (first c/s) around 2 mos. postpartum and then 8 months post-partum. Don't think it connected to the c/s though...

txmommytobe 12-27-2012 01:15 PM

I had c-sections with my boys that were 19 months apart and the next 18 months later. I did have problems with my 3rd with preterm labor that they contributed to my body not having time to fully heal. He was born at 34 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Ashsmama 12-31-2012 01:06 AM

I got pregnant with my second 7 months after my csection. I didn't have any problems.

MommaLEB 12-31-2012 05:44 AM

My friend accidentally got pregnant I think 4 or 5 months after her first c-section. She ended up getting some weird hernia type thing, I can't remember what it's called. The doctor said it was more related to pregnancies so close than to the c-section then pregnancy. He did tell her that after the second one she needed to be careful for awhile so she could heal properly.

lynn97 12-31-2012 06:15 AM

The risk of uterine rupture is 1-1.5% for patients w/previous c-section according to my doctor (I asked last week). It may be higher if you have recently had one but overall, it's a pretty week part of the uterus, he said. I'm a a slightly higher risk due to previous uterine surgery at the top if the uterus where the muscle contracts harder.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum