Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   I am offically DONE !!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1475508)

mrsmccullen07 12-27-2012 09:23 PM

I am offically DONE !!!

After 5 years of buying/selling/trading cloth diapers I have decided to just STOP. Its not fun for me anymore and I want to enjoy my current stash and my kiddos. I realize that the time I will spend diapering my son and daughter is very limited and instead of worrying about what diaper is "in" or not I will just focus on the goal at hand , catching pee and poop !! I have made a new year's resolution (and a promise to the husband and he will hold me to it and since he controls the credit card well it will become reality!) to buy/sell/trade NO diapers in the following year.

I will still have to buy our wipes solution and her new wool in the summer but I am hoping to sell off her winter wool and supply for summer and then do the same at the end of summer to buy more winter and not actually spend any of our money.

So I will update with stash pictures once everything arrives (still have woolies on the way) but here is our stash for the next YEAR !!!

Stash Count :
27 Goodmama Fitteds
1 Zabi Baby Fitted
1 Little Boppers Fitted
1 Muttaquin Medium Fitted
2 Sbish Medium OBF
2 Sbish Large OBF
17 Sbish Snapless OS
1 ShortRounds Large Fitted
1 DollBaby Couture OS Fitted
2 Bottombumpers Medium
8 Itti Bitti SIO Large
1 BumGenius Elemental
1 Little Boppers AI2
2 Applecheeks OS Covers
2 Bummis Pull On Medium
2 Bummis Pull On Large

Wool :
Size 2 Sbish Underwoolies Sugar
Size Medium Sbish Longies 1985
Size Large Sbish Longies Otter
2 XS/S Woollybottoms Longies
2 S Woollybottoms Footies
1 WCW Medium Weggings
Size Medium Sbish Longies Falcon
1 Pair of Longies Handknit Scrappies
MYMN WSK "Sweet Pea" on BFL Hanknit Longies
Medium Crankypants Girly Monster

BubBubsMom 12-27-2012 10:11 PM

Good luck! That's a good new years resolution! Maybe I should do the same. :)

mms1972 12-28-2012 06:29 AM

Me too!!! I agree...it does suck the fun out of cding when u are always looking for the next perfect diaper...maybe we need our own stop buying CDs support group and enjoy what we have!!!!

hilaryisinked 12-28-2012 07:57 AM

I took a year off if buying and selling and it felt great! I'm just about to start buying again. Enjoy! It felt so nice to not deal with all that! The fun had definitely worn off.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

mrsmccullen07 12-28-2012 09:22 AM

Re: I am offically DONE !!!

So glad you ladies understand what I mean ;) And glad to hear others have done it before !!!

greencrunchymama 12-28-2012 11:01 AM

I need to join your club, but I've got stuff I should sell. No more buying though! :giggle:

mms1972 12-28-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greencrunchymama (Post 16086540)
I need to join your club, but I've got stuff I should sell. No more buying though! :giggle:

LOL....I need to do some selling too.....I'd like to at least sell off a dozen or so!

greencrunchymama 12-28-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mms1972 (Post 16086580)
LOL....I need to do some selling too.....I'd like to at least sell off a dozen or so!

Glad I am not the only one!! :giggle2:

boysniris 12-28-2012 11:21 AM

Good luck! BSTing diapers can definitely take an emotional toll.

I am done b/c my son has daytime PLed :celebrate: and I have MORE than enough for naps/nights. Most are packed into bags until I'm ready to FSOT :giggle:

I am gathering up a teeny starter stash for a friend who is expecting in the spring. So far I have an OS The Fancy Pansy PUL cover in gn turquoise/brown. It's really nice. I'll be making her a fleece cover and 4 fitteds, and I hope to buy two WAHM fitteds. And maybe maybe maybe a few nb/small AiOs, depending on the size of my PP balance LOL!

But other than that, done :) It's such a relief; diaper obsession, even just reading, can really take a toll.

mms1972 12-28-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greencrunchymama (Post 16086584)

Glad I am not the only one!! :giggle2:

I was sooooooo close to having a reasonable stash about a month ago...sold off a ton....then went a little overboard again....but no more!!!!! :-)