Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone have 2 sacs, but only 1 baby and hb? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1475514)

clothdipemama 12-27-2012 09:34 PM

Anyone have 2 sacs, but only 1 baby and hb?

Hello,

I was just curious does anyone here have any experience with this? Did the second sac ever develop into a baby with a hb or did the additional sac just get reabsorbed? I'm just wondering if there is still a chance we might be having more than one :goodvibes:

Thanks!

Update: Went in for my 11 week u/s and we saw 1 healthy baby. The other sac was almost completely absorbed. Bittersweet. Thank you all for your posts and support.

kaydove 12-27-2012 09:44 PM

Re: Anyone have 2 sacs, but only 1 baby and hb?

Congrats on your pregnancy!
How far along are you?

clothdipemama 12-27-2012 09:47 PM

Thank you. We are 8 weeks today. We had the ultrasound last week at 7 weeks.

Edit. I should say I measured 6 weeks, 6 days, but my ob kept the date based on my last cycle since it was only 2 days difference, so she said she'll keep me at 7 weeks 1 day. I never ovulate this early. It's a little confusing because I usually O on day 20 or 21 so this would make a little difference too. So this would of put me anywhere from 6 weeks 2 days (based on usual O date) and - 7 weeks 1 day (based on last cycle day). I wasn't keeping track this cycle because we were taking the month off :)

kaydove 12-27-2012 09:58 PM

From what I understand, not from experience, its more likely that there's one baby. By 7 weeks, usually if a sac had a baby then baby is visible. But with that said, ultrasounds miss twins all the time. So baby could be hiding behind the other baby that was visible. I could easily imagine that seeing two sacs but only one baby because baby b was hiding behind other baby.

Was a transvaginal or stomach ultrasound?

clothdipemama 12-27-2012 10:10 PM

It was transvaginal.

ingrid5699 12-28-2012 12:49 PM

I've had 2 multiple pregnancies. With my first pregnancy (a triplet one) we saw 3 sacs but only one had an embryo with hb. I sadly lost all 3. With my 2nd pregnancy I again had 2 sacs-one with an embryo and hb at 6w when the 2nd sac was still empty, second sac had an embryo and hb too at 7w then but embryo was too small for GA. At 9w baby B no longer had a hb but baby A developed into my now 6 year old son.
I think it depends on how far along you are. Even at 7w my OB was still hopeful for baby B to 'make it' because it only measured 6 days behind which is in range.

clothdipemama 12-28-2012 03:50 PM

Thanks Ingrid, I appreciate you telling me your story. So sorry for all your losses. :hugs: I'm still holding on to the hope of two, I just want to be realistic too.:pray:

happymama1 12-28-2012 06:16 PM

this exact thing happened to me with this pregnancy, but I turned out to just have one baby. We saw 2 sacs at 7 weeks, only one "viable pregnancy/baby" was visible with heartbeat. Went back at 11 weeks and the other sac had reabsorbed.

I honestly think it could go either way. :)

Congrats on your pregnancy! Hope it turns out the way you want!!

babygirls2 12-28-2012 10:01 PM

Just throwing it out there...I've also read that a woman can get pregnant with a twin up to 21 days after fertilization of the first baby. You might want to google it, but when I was so sure I was preggo with twins, I researched and ran across it after I googled. It could go either way at this point. Hugs!

keen1981 12-28-2012 10:07 PM

A woman I knew gave birth to twins that were either a) conceived 2 weeks apart or b) the second baby got a very slllllooooowwww start.

Baby b was born after baby a. Baby b has been sickly her whole life. In/out hospitals. :( I think she is 4-5 now. I tend to think the later happened. That the body was trying to decide if b was viable at first.