Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Help us figure out how to spell what will likely be our daughters name (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1475584)

lady longs 12-28-2012 09:12 AM

Help us figure out how to spell what will likely be our daughters name

So we want to name our daughter....

Maddy Lynn

Then, she can go by "Maddy" or she can go by "Madelyn"

We want to break it up and make it her first and middle name b/c we have a VERY long last name and feel like if her first name is "Madelyn" then we have to come up with a middle name and then it is just TOO MUCH name.

So, help us figure out how we should spell it!!!

It's important to know that we want the most traditional spellings possible so she isn't having to correct the spelling on her name all of her life.

Of course, if you have a suggestion for how we could make Madelyn her first name (like some super short, cute middle name that could go with it) that would be great too.

sisu 12-28-2012 09:36 AM

I would make Madelyn her first name... Madelyn Jane, Madelyn Kate, Madelyn Rose - lots of cute short middle names available. I'm not a huge fan of breaking it up into her first and middle name, how often will you or anyone really be calling her by her full name anyway? Not that's it's weird or terrible if you do it, just not my style. :)

twinpossible 12-28-2012 10:58 AM

Re: Help us figure out how to spell what will likely be our daughters name

My grandmother was Rose Marie and my mother was Chrisanne, people would mess up their names ALL the time combining or breaking them apart. I vote first name Madelyn. It is not too long and very cute! I like the PP middle name suggestions but here are some more,
Madelyn Grace
Madelyn Joan
Madelyn Joy
Madelyn Rae - my favorite!

jennayoung99 12-28-2012 11:11 AM

I like Madelyn Rose.

lady longs 12-28-2012 05:52 PM

Thanks for the feedback mamas!

I think you may be right!!!!

We already have Grace and Rae as middle names in our fam - (my daughters and mine respectively) Otherwise, I really would pick one of those.....but I think I like:

Madelyn Rose and Madelyn Joy

Gonna chat with my hubby this weekend - this is a different direction, but I think I like it.

happysmileylady 12-28-2012 06:03 PM

What about Madelyn Mae? I think its cute and offers lots of options for nicknames.

twinpossible 12-28-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lady longs (Post 16087784)
Madelyn Rose and Madelyn Joy

Gonna chat with my hubby this weekend - this is a different direction, but I think I like it.

Both are GREAT!

Rdesonia 12-28-2012 06:42 PM

I was going to name DD Madelyn. I love that name.

**My name is "misspelled". It is an atypical spelling and I have to always spell it! I hate it. I often have to call and get it corrected as on Insurance or other things (even after spelling it out or having a copy of my drivers license) they get it wrong on the paperwork! It is a HUGE hassle and a pain. Please don't do that to your kid!

slimy72 12-28-2012 06:43 PM

I have a student in class whose first name is Madi. So you could do Maddi Lynn or Madi Lynn. I'm sure there are tons of ways to spell it.