Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What did you get for your second baby? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1475598)

3 ladybugs 12-28-2012 10:12 AM

What did you get for your second baby?

Assuming you don't have twins first and are more or less parenting the same?

Caution child loss is mentioned!!

DH is wanting to know what we are looking at for needs for this baby.

On my list so far is (required):
Car seat
Newborn diapers (sold DS's... didn't really like them for DS)
Diaper covers (wore out DS's)
Large wetbag (was repurposed from DS)
repair our expensive stroller or get a new one (prefer to repair)
and since we will be co sleeping with a side car-ed crib, quick zip sheet for queen size bed, and crib size quick zip sheets if we are having a girl

like to have list is:
diaper bag (have one but hate it)
woven wrap
New cloth wipes (have our old ones... they are in okay condition)
and new baby specific items for the baby. Again if this baby is a girl we already have a pink bear that we got for our next girl days after we lost our DD.

We have a ton right now. We got rid of little from when DD was in the hospital or when DS was born. So I have 2 buckets of girl clothes (mostly not worn, though many preemie sized), and several buckets of boy clothes (some not worn and purchased for my 2 triplet boys that never got to wear them). We have a baby gym, playpen, swing, bouncer seat, beco butterfly 2, moby wrap (would like to dye this as it is cream colored), toys, bouncy seat (the stand up kind that doesn't go in the doorway), back pack carrier, bottles, breast pump, ... You get the picture. Half of our basement has baby stuff in it. But this is likely our last child unless we adopt an older child later on. So spoiling is not out of the question. :D

Oh and I have some spoosies for early days incase of anything odd. Got a case for the triplets and didn't use most of them. I donated 3 of the packages but have 1 that had 20+ diapers that was opened.

Thank you for your help.

PS also if you had a "shoot for the moon" item that you think would be nice to have, please share. This baby is very planned and I had to go through more then anyone should have to go through to get this baby, so I am imagining family coming together to get something nice for us. My inlaws got me my $700 (now slightly broken) stroller for DD when she was in the hospital. I am not expecting that again, but I wouldn't be surprised if they want to get a large ticket item for the baby. Thank you!

sisu 12-28-2012 10:56 AM

Re: What did you get for your second baby?

Mine were just 19 months apart so we were set on most of the big stuff - crib, car seat, etc.

For my second I got:

*More diapers, I had sold off a lot of DS's that I wasn't in love with.
*A mamaRoo - the swing we'd had for DS broke.
*Clothing - DD wore some of DS's old clothes, but she was born in an opposite season so we needed different things in each size.
*New coming home outfit
*A bunch of muslin blankets, which we ended up using for everything.

...and not much else that I can think of. :dunno:

sisu 12-28-2012 10:56 AM

dp

jennayoung99 12-28-2012 11:24 AM

Mine will be 20 months appart and the only thing we have bought/planning to buy is, another crib (as DD isn't out of hers yet, plus its convertible so I'd rather them just have their own), a few wool items (I didn't do any wool on DD until she was 6-7 months so I had no newbie stuff), a coming home outfit, a ring sling woven wrap conversion (which I was planning on getting for DD anyways, this just gave me the push to go ahead), a few more newborn diapers I wanted to try out, another dresser, a few more storage towers for the nursery, and I'd like to sell our stroller and get a double one.

We really had everything we needed, and even if we didn't we could have made it work, but I still love to have some new things for the new baby.

Oh and then there are the obvious new items like pacis and bottle nipples.

norrahsmommy 12-28-2012 11:46 AM

Newborn diapers as I had none because I didn't switch until later with dd. Clothes because I didn't save much from dd, and another stretchy wrap because I can't find mine.,

chandni3 12-28-2012 11:53 AM

Mine will be 19 months apart so we're going to need:
more cloth diapers, but not a ton since I use mostly flips with flats, and I'd like some more newborn ME and another wool cover.
A huge diaperbag (I'm looking at ones for twins)
A double stroller - I found one that lets you convert it to have a seat and a carseat (compatable with the carseat I have) or two seats so it'll be perfect, it's the only thing on my registry.
Clothes as baby two will be complete opposite season and I'm pretty sure it's a boy this time.
Oh, and then we have to renovate the 3rd bedroom for my daughter, so that's going to be a huge expense (but my husband is a carpenter so we only pay for material)
Other than that I don't think we'll need anything. I think I move my daughter to a bed with a rail and we'll need some furniture for her room which I'll try to get second hand.

SaraElise 12-28-2012 12:53 PM

My first 2 were 13 months apart, so we were pretty set on baby stuff. Things I did get were:

double stroller
a new sling (then later a wrap and I will never go back!)
nb diapers (we didn't CD DS1 from birth)
bigger diaper bag since we had 2 in diapers

and that was it, baby #3 was a girl so we got new clothes for her, and with #4 we will need a new infant seat since our is expiring, probably minimal clothes since this baby will be a summer baby and our last 3 were fall, fall and winter, and some muslin swaddling blankets.

CntryMama 12-28-2012 01:10 PM

I am just buying an arms reach co sleeper (well, did :)).

ingrid5699 12-28-2012 01:36 PM

For DD I got
-some girly diapers and more of the ones I liked with DS
-new wipes-I love velour/sherpa ones and splurged on a set of 24
-girly outfits
-a sleepy wrap since I didn't start babywearing much until DS was past the newborn period
-a sidesleeper crib (DS was still using the crib when DD was born)

this time I'm getting:
-new infant car seat which will be boring because I need it to match the stroller I have for our old one
-a swing (I didn't get one with my other kids and sorely wished I had one so that's my big item :) )
-some boyish summer outfits since all I have from DS is winter clothes (but yeah saved it all so I'm guessing we're set past the stage when the seasons will be off)
-also got a Hotsling because I'm guessing #3 will be worn even more than #2 was
-and might get a wrap/sling for hot weather because I know the sleepywrap was miserable in the summer
-I'm also splurging on some used and some new newborn diapers. I didn't have many with the other 2 and would love to only do laundry every 3rd day in the beginning.

This will also be our last baby and the temptation is big to spoil but I'm trying to hold back a little. *heh* Guess if I sold the HUGE amount of girly clothes I could afford all I wanted.

ingrid5699 12-28-2012 01:38 PM

DUH-forget the big item with DD:
-a Phil&Ted stroller, with our 2 being only 2 years apart I wanted a double stroller and loved and used it A LOT. (we're a one car family so it was my main mode of transportation)
and forgot that I got a new diaper bag when DD was 6 months
-I splurged on a really nice Ju-Ju-be and it's been totally worth it