Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   27 weeks pg and baby presenting breech (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1475622)

NappyChappy 12-28-2012 10:41 AM

27 weeks pg and baby presenting breech

My midwife isn't 'concerned' but wants me to start seeing a chiropractor to help turn baby and deal with minimal back/hip pain. She also stressed not bending over and doing lots of squats. I feel so big and wonder if it'd because baby is flipped breech. DS was always head down for the most part and I didn't feel so uncomfortable this early with him.

So what did you do to turn your LO?

TinaDeanette 12-28-2012 11:01 AM

I think 27 weeks is still kinda early to be worrying about a breech baby. Mine was breech until around 35 weeks and she flipped.

Lammy 12-28-2012 11:32 AM

Re: 27 weeks pg and baby presenting breech

My second little one was head down at 36 weeks and then breech at 38 weeks.He finally flipped at 41 weeks and was born naturally at 41 weeks and 4 days.I did spinning babies and saw a chiropractor every other day. I agree 27 weeks is too early to worry about your baby being breech since they have plenty of time to flip and most babies are still tossing and turning at that point because they still have room to move.I think the chiropractor is a great idea though.Mine has been a tremendous help with my pubic symphosis diastis this pregnancy( this is my 3rd pregnancy and I'm 38 weeks and 6 days).

The Fancy Pansy 12-28-2012 11:35 AM

What they said. 27 weeks is way early to be worrying!

mommajewels 12-28-2012 12:02 PM

Another vote for 27 weeks being too early to worry or even put effort into getting baby into the head down position Even if you did successfully coax baby into turning head down, chances are he/she will flip again.. many more times over the next few weeks. They still have so much room in there and are so active at this point.

This LO was breech at my 26wk u/s and my midwife didn't even mention it. I just knew because the u/s tech said, "baby is currently presenting breech, but that's fine at this point. Lots of time to turn." 3 out of my 5 kiddos didn't settle into head down position until 34/35 weeks. The other 2 settled around 32/33 weeks. You can definitely follow her advice on going to the chiro... there are several benefits to that, and if you really want to try and coax baby into a head down position, you can even try some of the techniques on spinningbabies, but honestly.. I wouldn't stress about it yet. And remember at this point, baby has so much room.. he/she will likely flip a few more times regardless.

Kiliki 12-28-2012 12:04 PM

Agree. 27 wks is too early to worry.

evasimone 12-28-2012 12:24 PM

I was breech 18-30 weeks. I wouldn't worry but I think a chiropractor is a good idea and also going on your hands and knees for 10-30 minutes a day wouldn't hurt. Your baby has tons of space to maneuver still!

ktmelody 12-28-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy
What they said. 27 weeks is way early to be worrying!

Yup. Waaay too early. All mine have been breech and flipping until 36 weeks. My true breech baby stayed breech until the day we went for a version at 39w4d.

Some babies dont turn until after 36 weeks but breech/transverse is totally normal until 36 weeks.

Christylkeller 12-28-2012 03:17 PM

Agree with others! 27 weeks is way too early to worry about baby positioning. At 29 weeks I am pretty sure this guy is still transverse since I feel most kicks and jabs at both hip bones concurrently or right after each other. With that said, I think there is plenty of benefits to seeing a chiropractor. I wish my insurance covered them as I would be going just to keep things flexible and aligned!

abunchoflemons 12-28-2012 03:23 PM

I wouldn't worry right now just look to get rid of pain. There's lots of time before baby comes yet.