Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mommas with belly button piercings... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1475791)

calleiah 12-28-2012 08:44 PM

Mommas with belly button piercings...

When did you remove your jewelry?

With my first I had a ring and never needed to remove it. With my second I removed it pretty early (20-25 weeks?) and replaced it with plastic dental floss. With my third it really started to bother me and I took it out around 25 weeks and put in the dental floss again. This time it hasn't bothered me at all and I'm nearly 33 weeks. Just curious how other mommas deal with it.

cdeweese 12-28-2012 08:53 PM

Re: Mommas with belly button piercings...

The ONE stretch mark I have on my belly is my piercing :banghead: Now it's really ugly and I stopped using it :( It's still open, but too small to put anything in.

EmilytheStrange 12-28-2012 09:16 PM

I don't remember what point I took it out when pregnant with DD. but I never put it back in cause I am old :)

hpfgirl 12-28-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
I don't remember what point I took it out when pregnant with DD. but I never put it back in cause I am old :)

Me too!

lovebear 12-28-2012 11:52 PM

I used to have a belly button piercing before I got pregnant with my firstborn. Had to remove the thing because it was contraindicated to the area where it was going to be treated for an ultrasound. After I gave birth, I never put it back again because it does not look good on me anymore.

c&w's mama 12-29-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 16088806)

lol! me, too :)

jennayoung99 12-29-2012 09:35 AM

I had the top and bottom pierced and wih my first I didn't take it out the top until around 20-25 weeks, only because I was getting stretch marks from the scar and I didn't want to bring attention to it, plus my belly button was changing and it looked weird. The bottom I left in for longer because it wasn't bothering me, once my belly button got really flat I took that one out too. I only put the bottom one back in afterward, and its still in now and not bothering me at 20 weeks, so ill probably leave it in until my belly button changes again.

Momma2theJs 12-29-2012 10:51 AM

With my first I took it out around 25 weeks and didn't use anything to hold it open. After delivery, I got it back in easily with a little Vaseline. With my second pregnancy, I took it out much earlier, around 12 weeks, because I got big a LOT faster. After delivery, I still got it in with no problem. I'm now 34 weeks prego with my third and had to take it out around 12 weeks again. I'm not sure how it will work out this time because I have a HUGE stretch mark right on/over the hole. I will still try to get it back in, even though I NEVER show my belly in public any more, but hubby likes it. :)

aubreyaks 12-29-2012 11:09 AM

First baby, never took it out, used a "pregnancy" ring that was plastic. Second baby, took it out around 34 weeks, it did not close and I put it back in a week or so after birth. I am old too lol, but it reminds me I was young and wild once lol

momof3boys1girl 12-29-2012 05:49 PM

took mine out with dd around 20 weeks and never put it back in either. I got stretch marks from her though