Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Getting Mirena IUD out (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1475828)

Goldcountry-cloth 12-29-2012 12:29 AM

Getting Mirena IUD out

I have an appointment next week to get my Mirena IUD out, and now I am quite nervous. I looked up how painful it is to get out, and I found people saying they bleed horribly for 4-7 days after and have bad cramps. I never had bad cramps or heavy bleeding before getting my IUD (which Ive had for 1 1/2 years now), so has any one else had bad experiences?? Or maybe someone can lighten my nerves with positive results?? And how long after getting it out were you able to conceive? Thanks :)

an_aurora 12-29-2012 12:39 AM

Re: Getting Mirena IUD out

It's super super easy. I took mine out myself. There was no pain whatsoever with it coming out. I didn't bleed at all for over two months afterward, and then I had a super heavy nasty period.

Kuddlykelz 12-29-2012 05:18 AM

I had mine removed after three years to ttc #3, I had no bleeding whatsoever until 3 weeks later when I got my period. I conceived the cycle after that first one. I also never got any kind of bleeding for those three year I had it in, so maybe that was a factor.

KelseyH 12-29-2012 05:24 AM

I only had cramps the day of removal and a little soreness the next day, and conceived on my first ovulation six weeks later.

lilg82882 12-29-2012 04:36 PM

Got mine out July 31st. Was fast and didn't hurt at all! I actually didn't even realize it was out :giggle2:

Did not bleed at all until my first AF on sept 9th. Have a regular cycle every month since. No BFP yet :cry:

ETA: I got my (well got THREE lol) BFP today :D
So took 4 cycles not too bad ;)

mommagruber 12-29-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by an_aurora (Post 16089246)
It's super super easy. I took mine out myself. There was no pain whatsoever with it coming out.

Me too. Conceived first cycle after removal, which was about 6 weeks. :)

ardeur 12-29-2012 07:06 PM

I had the paragard and the removal was easy. I had one cramp and the tiniest bit of spotting. I got my period about a week later.

dani_p 01-01-2013 06:28 PM

I was TERRIFIED to have my paragard removed. Insertion was, by far, the most painful thing I've experienced. Removal was... well... anticlimactic. No pain. No bleeding. Pregnant two cycles later. :)

HeatherM0529 01-02-2013 10:59 AM

It didn't hurt to get it out (felt like a pinch, just as it felt when it got put in)
2 days later I started my cycle. It was SUPER heavy. I was using regular tampons or just mama cloth when I was on Mirena, but with this I was soaking super tampons in 20 minutes. I had to go buy super plus and those only lasted me MAYBE 2 hours.
BUT after that first cycle it leveled out and got a bit lighter with each one. Now it's normal again where it was before I had Mirena.
I had mine in for just over 3 years.
Got it out in November 2010, we started TTC in February 2011 and I got pregnant in early April 2011. So it didn't take long at all.
Have been BC free since November 2010 and I'm loving it!

cmarsh31 01-11-2013 10:17 AM

Did you get it done? I went in for my removal yesterday and it didn't go well. Strings completely disappeared (luckily the IUD is still where it belongs) so I have to go in at the end of the month for surgery now. It didn't come out, but all the poking & prodding and whatever down there hurt like crazy and I'm still feeling awful today (no bleeding at all, though, go figure).