Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   anyone NOT have luck with $tree/walmart tests?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1475845)

Funnyfarmmomma 12-29-2012 07:47 AM

anyone NOT have luck with $tree/walmart tests??

Im just wondering if I should bite the bullet and go get some other tests....
I just don't think they work that well for me, when i had my loss back in July i got the most super super faint line on a $tree like barely visible then took a first response and got a very visible line.

Just wondering if there is anyone else who doesn't seem to have luck with them? I am already late and don't want to get my hopes up but i just can't shake the feeling that I might be....:banghead:

What do you think?
Ive been lurking around here for a while and while i am so blessed to have 5 beautiful children already, this seems to be a struggle for the first time to conceive:cry: Thanks mamas:goodvibes:

booty hunter 12-29-2012 09:07 AM

Re: anyone NOT have luck with $tree/walmart tests??

I really don't like them at all,I never seem to get very dark lines with them. I had a few that were darkish and then the lines started to get lighter. It scared me so much I was sure I was going to miscarry but I took several answers and they were all darker than the control line. But on the other tests they were barely visible. But I seen nice dark ones on here so maybe it is just me they don't work for.

Funnyfarmmomma 12-29-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdhutier (Post 16089656)
I really don't like them at all,I never seem to get very dark lines with them. I had a few that were darkish and then the lines started to get lighter. It scared me so much I was sure I was going to miscarry but I took several answers and they were all darker than the control line. But on the other tests they were barely visible. But I seen nice dark ones on here so maybe it is just me they don't work for.

Thanks so much mama for letting me know that, i think that sometimes im alone and its just me :giggle: Im just not sure if i should go and get another test or let it be...im about 4 days late....

ankc 12-29-2012 09:19 AM

dollar tree opks stink- not too sure on the pg tests i have used them and got early faint lines that were accurate... but i don't like the opks at all...

booty hunter 12-29-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnyfarmmomma (Post 16089667)
Thanks so much mama for letting me know that, i think that sometimes im alone and its just me :giggle: Im just not sure if i should go and get another test or let it be...im about 4 days late....

I have had the best luck with answer tests but I think at four days late it should show up on anything. I see in your siggy you are nursing,if you are pregnant that could explain being late. I have really crazy cycles while I am nursing. I will have three 30 day cycles in a row then go 2 months with nothing at all and then a 22 day cycle ,just all over the place. It is extremely common to have irregular cycles while nursing. Or you could have ovulated later so an answer test should be able to pick something up now even if you ovulated a few days/week later.

CntryMama 12-29-2012 10:33 AM

I took a walmart 88cent test about 6 weeks after my last period and it came back negative... two weeks later I took another cheap test and it had a faint line! I am feeling some morning sickness so I think its true but I have know idea when the date of conception was since we were nursing and that was my first and only cycle since 2010 - So, I think those tests are unreliable but they are all we can afford so buy a few and take them all :) Good luck!

Funnyfarmmomma 12-29-2012 12:54 PM

if I ovulated the week after, I would be about 12 Dpo right now so do you think if I grab an answer test it would pick it up now? I am definitely having symptoms of being pregnant and still no sign of my cycle coming! This is so frustrating. Thank You mamas for replying :-)

Tina5834 12-29-2012 01:26 PM

I don't like the Walmart tests at all! I love the $1 tree tests though!

Funnyfarmmomma 12-29-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaDeanette (Post 16090520)
I don't like the Walmart tests at all! I love the $1 tree tests though!

I didn't know they were different :-P

MrsAsh 12-29-2012 01:56 PM

I had a ton of - $store ones before I bought a FRER and it had a test line twice as dark as the control line (this was with DS2 in 2010). NOTHING ever showed until I was days late on a $store test. I've been using Wonfo ICs and had a faint line on Thursday, but nothing on one since, wishing I had a Answer or FRER! :)