Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   EC - Elimination Communication (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   I'm frustrated :( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1475908)

greencrunchymama 12-29-2012 12:35 PM

I'm frustrated :(

We were doing so well with EC in the summer and then fall and winter came and we fell off the wagon. DD is now 11 months and I've tried 4 or 5 times today to get her to potty and she won't do it any more :( I am so frustrated and it gets aggravating when she's gone in her diaper a few minutes later! Have I gone too long without ECing?

CedarBabyLove 12-29-2012 03:21 PM

Aww mama, hugs. My DD is also 11 months and its such a busy time for them. Pottying just might not be top on her list right now. I understand your frustration when she goes in her dipe! We used to catch most poos, now we haven't caught one in a couple months :( from what I have read, its natural for them to have ups and downs in this process. I would just keep offering. Keep it light and don't let it get you down!

greencrunchymama 12-29-2012 03:23 PM

Re: I'm frustrated :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by CedarBabyLove (Post 16090910)
Aww mama, hugs. My DD is also 11 months and its such a busy time for them. Pottying just might not be top on her list right now. I understand your frustration when she goes in her dipe! We used to catch most poos, now we haven't caught one in a couple months :( from what I have read, its natural for them to have ups and downs in this process. I would just keep offering. Keep it light and don't let it get you down!

Thank you. I need to not get frustrated and just keep trying. :)

NooneeWilga 12-30-2012 05:44 PM

The most important thing is COMMUNICATION - and at this stage it is your communication with her. If you offer the potty and she doesn't go right then but shortly after in her dipe - you should count that as a catch for you because YOU recognised that she needed to go, even if she chose not to.

Keep talking with her about her elimination, even if she goes in her dipe. Tell her that it is nice to be clean and dry and that you will help her to go on the potty/toilet if she tells you next time. Give her choices about potty or toilet, and whatever else eg which dipe, what clothes, red or green hat and so on.

If she doesn't want to sit on the potty and you know that she needs to go, you can try in arms pottying. Or somewhere different to normal. Good luck and do continue with offering her potty opportunities but don't make them too frequently or she will get frustrated.

rhodesestrada 01-05-2013 02:29 PM

Good luck with everything. I haven't hit this milestone with my son yet but am hopeful that even ECing in the beginning will help him to understand being wet vs dry and learn for himself sooner.

Marigold319 01-06-2013 08:09 AM

I think ECing is all about coming and going through stages and phases. 11m is such a busy time in development, potting is for sure a last priority for babe. I find with DD2 (also 11m), switching her from a small potty to a toilet rim helped with her desire to get off and play. It was something new and interesting and got her to sit a bit longer.

Good luck!